Saturday, November 30, 2019

12/15/19 Through 12/21/19

12/15/19 Through 12/21/19

Sunday
The desert exult and steppe shall bloom
Prepare the way and make some room.
The Savior of the world will come,
But we must recognize the Son.

When deaf can hear and blind can see
Much nearer One has drawn to thee.
The lame that walk and lepers clean,
Can testify, Messiah seen.

So trouble not when trials faced
Your mourning heart shall be replaced
With joy, and recompense that's due,
With songs of praise from ones like you.

Monday
By what authority are done
These mighty works, oh teaching One?
The scheme devised is thwarted when
He asks one simple thing of them.

To hear the lonely cry of John 
And know that nearer draws the dawn.
The day of vindication when
We recognize the great Amen.

But blinded by their sinful pride
They follow not, this holy guide.
Rejecting truth, they live the lie,
But truth will live, and pride will die.

Tuesday
The line come down to Jesus' day
Meanders wide along the way,
With murderers and prostitutes
Among His famous family roots.

The line shows well His human side
With saint and sinner well supplied.
A way to show He came for all,
To rectify the sinner's fall.

Wednesday
The dream of Joseph long ago
Was proof enough for him to know
That God had kept his young betrothed
In purity and graces clothed.

No spot or wrinkle on her soul
No part that's not in God's control.
A virgin docile, true, and wise
Redemption, on her, "Yes" relies.

Thursday
You are my strength from mother's womb
To make what's barren in me bloom.
To take away my guilt and shame
And let me bear the Savior's name.

In silence where You speak to me
What's foggy once, I clearly see.
And there Your grace I somehow find
To make my will with Yours inclined.

Friday
What does it mean to say yes to God, 
And risk being known as a fool or a fraud?
How can I be as the one Full of Grace,
And carry His light into every dark place?

Three simple letters, one powerful word,
But paused were the heavens until it was heard.
Most powerful word from a virgin so pure,
That forever in time, will that moment endure.

Give me grace to behold in my own little way
The wonders of God, when in trust, I will say,
Be it done unto me in accord with Your will.
And the love of the Lord, in my heart now instill.

Saturday
With joy and jubilance we greet
On every mountain, lovely feet
Proclaiming news of happiness
To all the poor, and in distress.

A year of favor from the Lord
The Spirit now on man outpoured.
Though Winter's long it now has passed,
The flowers bloom, in green at last.

A maiden bearing Christ the King
To all the earth salvation bring.
One filled with grace to care for Him
Who came to save us from our sin.
























No comments:

Post a Comment