Saturday, November 16, 2019

12/1/19 Through 12/7/19

12/1/19 Through 12/7/19

Sunday
Eating and drinking as nothing is wrong
Lost are the foolish and pitiful throng.
Here while there's time to repent and obey
They ignore when He calls, and just go on their way.

With signs all around of His glory and grace
They act as if they had created this place.
If they had control over seasons and times,
And if they would be judge of the sins and the crimes.

How foolish to live full of pride in this way
While the evil one lurks for these souls as his prey.
It's simple and easy to just turn around,
And then in an instant, the lost will be found.

His mercy an ocean of self-giving love,
His Father enthroned in the heavens above.
He waits with great patience for man to amend,
But the fact is quite clear, there is coming an end!

Monday
If You would only say the word
A sacrifice will be preferred
Above indulgence once again
And discipline would teach me then.

But this burden now is mine
To appetites and will refine,
To choose the better o're the good
And act the way I know I should.

But I am weak and Thou art strong
I need Your grace to carry on
Without You I go wandering
And find I have no offering.

Tuesday
The childlike I wish to be
That hidden things I'd clearly see
For You, oh Lord did firmly hide
Your gifts from those with sinful pride.

I pray Your mercy on my soul
And beg that You would make it full
That humble I would learn to be
And hidden things I'd clearly see.

Wednesday
This rich and juicy, tasty food
Unseen in spite of what they viewed.
The crippled blind and mute were seen
Restored, and even lepers clean.

But, somehow we miss the boat
And turn from what the prophets wrote
And fail to recognize in bread
The rich and juicy food we're fed.

Thursday
The sands of pride and idleness
Support this house of man.
The walls of our self-righteousness
Collapse amid His plan.

The simple way to build a place
Both strong and flood secure
Is act upon His daily grace
To live both right and pure.

To hear, but never yet to mend
The breach within the soul
Is like a house, by flood condemned,
Upon a sandy shoal.

Friday
I do believe the cure will come
When focused on the Lord.
Not just a simple passing crumb,
But grace in mass out-poured.

The kind to make the desert green
And water arid lands.
The kind to make the leper clean,
And stretch out withered hands.

The Maker wishes all to be
Conformed within His will.
Each one a sign of unity,
And faithful to Him still.

Saturday
The bread I need is given me
Each still and quiet morn,
And if I eat and drink I see
New life in me is born.

I pray He guides my steps each day
And waters well the seed.
That I may learn to love and pray
And find there all I need.















































No comments:

Post a Comment