Friday, November 1, 2019

11/17/19 Through 11/23/19

11/17/19 Through 11/23/19

Sunday
Perseverance paves the way
For our survival on that day
To trust amid the face of death
Until we draw our final breath.

Without preparing, you will speak
And Spirit then will strengthen weak.
With words of wisdom off the tongue
That speak to old, and speak to young.

Monday
Have we freely blindness chosen,
In our pride and gall been frozen,
Turning from His healing rays,
To follow our own selfish ways?

His law the only source of life
Our strength and courage in the strife
That everyday the faithful see,
As they, determined, follow Thee.

For one day in the Master's court
Would thousands elsewhere ever thwart.
And just one ray of endless light
Will give us courage in the fight.

Tuesday
How far your mercy reaches Lord!
To wicked who by men abhorred,
To all the lost, no matter where
Who wish eternal life to share.

Give me a judgment right and clear
To listen when You speak to hear
The way to go that I should take
And not Your holy will forsake.

Let me not my ear incline
To evil tempting me to dine
But choose to suffer yet obey
And never go, my heart astray.

Wednesday
The gifts we have so many known
Have come from God and God alone.
The Giver is so good to me,
Yet often I have failed to see.

Each coin He gives must give return
And each ungrateful servant learn
To use what He has given well,
And others, of His glory tell.

Thursday
Don't fail to recognize the Lord
Such blindness one cannot afford.
If only all could see what's true,
They'd give to Him, the praises due.

So blinded now and self-absorbed
The Prince of Peace is not adored.
But soon the pride will be destroyed,
With nothing left to fill the void.

Yet if you now, would humble be
And open wide your eyes to see,
You'd find what truly makes for peace
And never let your praises cease.

Friday
Lord, hanging on Your every word
And knowing truth has just been heard,
I ask You in, to cleanse my heart
And offer You my every part.

Saturday
Without a doubt, the day will come
Not just devout, nor just for some,
But all will rise that final day
To hear the Master finally say...

Well done good servant, come and rest,
Your love has passed the final test.
You met me in the poor and weak,
And showed the way to those who seek.

But woe to those who hear that day,
I never knew you, go away.
Eternity, to spend it there
In suffering and great despair!













































No comments:

Post a Comment