Wednesday, February 28, 2018

3/11/18 Through 3/17/18

3/11/18 Through 3/17/18

Sunday
A look to kill and one to save
The choice becomes quite clear
His saving look the Father gave
So we could all draw near

So look upon the serpent raised
And see the price of love
This sacrifice forever praised
The one from God above

All other looks will lead to where
The sun will never shine
But gazing on the Savior there
Will lead our hearts to Thine

Monday
This faith of mine so weak at times
I wonder if it's there
For doubt is all around and climbs
Within from everywhere

Your word should be enough to know
It shall be as You said
But within, my doubts still grow
These demons in my head

For every time I've doubted You 
In shame I have returned
There's wisdom in these things you do
Let none of them be spurned

So help me once again to trust
Believing you are good
Your way is always right and just
Though be not understood

Tuesday
I want for more than to be healed
I want to make my spirit yield
To rivers of life-giving grace
That flow from in Your dwelling place

I want refreshment for my soul
To cleanse me and to make me whole
I want to dance and sing Your praise
I want You with me all my days

I want to clearly hear Your voice
And in accord to make my choice
May I within Your word be set
Then learn to trust without regret

Wednesday
The judgement is coming nearer each day
But still we persist in the same old way
Not clothing the naked or feeding the poor
But working to make our future "secure"

No one likes to hear it, no one like to face
The fact that before him, we're all in disgrace
This season of mercy we squander away
Just doing our things in the usual way

But the season will change in the blink of an eye
And then all at once a life will pass by
No more will His mercy be rule of the day
His judgement forever will then hold the sway

Be prudent and wise and repent while there's time
For life may be ended with this simple rhyme
His wish is that none of His sheep would be burned
His arms open wide to embrace your return

Thursday
How quickly Lord we turn away
And follow still our sinful way
Our faith lasts only for awhile
Until the lying words beguile

Please make a steadfast heart in me
His lies that I may plainly see
And turn away to trust in You
In all the loving things You do

Friday
If our Messiah came today
I wonder what we all would say?
Would He be dashing, brave, and bold?
Would He be fitting to our mold?

So easily we criticize
Those ruling, that we now despise
So would we hear His message sent
If He just called us to repent?

If He but showed where we have failed
Would He be loved and unassailed?
Or would we too despise the man
Who didn't fit our masterplan?

Saturday
For no one spoke like Him before
Who left us pierced, yet begging more
No one with such authority
Whose simple touch could set one free

His word exposes sinful hearts
And that is where the healing starts
He calls us to repent and live
Then to His Father freely give

The praise that's due the One above
Who calls us to His endless love
Then find the last becomes the first
And only love can quench our thirst.





No comments:

Post a Comment