Saturday, February 3, 2018

2/18/18 Through 2/24/18

2/18/18 Through 2/24/18

Sunday
He set amid the clouds up high
His bow across a darkened sky
A sign of how His love has been
A sign of rescue from our sin

Believe the Gospel as He said
For Christ has risen from the dead
Repent, but more than turn around
Then hasten to where Love is found

Monday
The simplest of heaven's keys
Is how you treat the least of these
Do you feed that hungry guy,
Or do you turn, and pass him by?

Do you warm the shiv'ring soul
Or try to make the broken whole? 
Do you visit prisons where
So many souls are in despair?

We can't ignore the needs of these
And think, that we, the Lord will please
For how we treat the little one
Is how we treat God's only Son

Tuesday
In need of daily bread this day
I pray You guide the words I say
That not a word returning void
But every evil now destroyed

A humble voice of love give me
That when they look, it's You they see
And spark in them from up above
Now once again the fire of love.

Wednesday
Reluctant servant though I be
Grant wisdom for this heart in me
Discernment for my simple mind
That Your true will I surely find

And once Your will is clear to me
Let me pursue it joyfully
Not turning toward my own desire
But facing boldly holy fire

Thursday
What comfort in this shining light
That guides our way through darkest night
The Rock You gave to be our guide
This Church You called to be Your bride

Friday
Jesus make me turn from sin
And fix my eyes on You
I let the flesh so often win
And turn away from You

I wish to be a steadfast heart
Unwav'ring in the wind
A servant faithful to his part
And not, the one who sinned

But I am weak and often fall
The flesh to satisfy
My sin becomes my shameful shawl
And guilt to multiply

Then turning once again to You
I see Your loving eyes
The healing and forgiveness too
A love that satisfies

Saturday
Love the ones that don't love you
That find the fault in all you do
The ones who criticize your ways
And never utter words of praise

God loves them too, to our surprise
He sees with very different eyes
He sees the depth of every heart
And sees a precious work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment