Wednesday, January 31, 2018

2/11/18 Through 2/17/18

2/11/18 Through 2/17/18

Sunday
He took upon His shoulders then
The weight of not just sinful men
But everyone cast out by law
Each sick or leper that He saw

By touching, and by healing them
In spite of, quiet, warning them
They spread His fame throughout the land
Till in no quiet, He could stand

Monday
Each trial brings a blessing
That's not so ready seen
A way for now expressing
What faith does truly mean

A cry for help and daily trust
In providential care
A way to clear the heart of rust
And breathe a fresher air.

I may not see the good today
Or not for years to come
But here I'll trust, and here I'll stay
Till victory is won

Tuesday
So many times You've shown to me
How much You truely care
And still I fight to clearly see 
That You are really there

I hear Your word and act upon
What You have plainly said
Then at once the worries spawn
And grow within my head

Why must I be so weak and scared
When all Your works I've seen
For You have generoulsy shared
With me when times are lean

I don't know what the future holds
But Him who holds I know
The Potter now through trial molds
And someday He will show.

Wednesday
Be merciful oh Lord for we have sinned
Our hearts have swayed with every gust of wind
May this season be for us a change
As we, for love, our wickedness exchange

Hear a humble plea for clemancy
The cry, "Oh Lord, be merciful to me"
And fill the contrite heart with holy joy
As we, Your tender mercies there employ

Thursday
As tempting as the self can be
Indulging it will not set free
True freedom's found in His command
And following the path He planned

For happiness as man and wife
we die to self and then choose life
Whoever loses life each day
Will profit in the Spirit's way

Friday
To fast from sin is now the way
To bring about the light of day
Loosen thongs of every yoke, and 
Find the chains of sin now broken

In these times of self-denial
Find the grace for every trial
Share your gifts with those in need
And plant in them a loving seed

Saturday
If rightly He is understood
His call is always for our good
He calls the sinner to repent
And then go forth as one who's sent

To change the way the people view
What's good for me and good for you
To let them see a sinner turn
And what a contrite heart can learn















No comments:

Post a Comment