Saturday, January 13, 2018

1/28/18 Through 2/3/18

1/28/18 Through 2/3/18

Sunday
With thoughts of love my faithful guide
Be evil spirits cast aside
The flame of lust or greed of pride
Extinguished by the love inside

Monday
For curses due, I thank the Lord
May they be heeded, not deplored
For they reveal to me the sin
Of all my greed and pride within

Distasteful as at first it seems
It shatters my deceptive dreams
And makes me face what others see
As many faults contained in me.

Bear fruit I beg from these insults
And find in me desired results
A man, in truth, more humble now
Whose every gift has come from Thou

Tuesday
In just the tassle of His cloak
In just one word of those He spoke
Great healing and great comfort find
Contentment there, and peace of mind

Wednesday
To count on anything but God
Would be for us a grim facade
No money, fame, or fortune brings
such blessings or such useful things

To count with pride, or lust, or greed
Will only but, our passions feed
But in humility look toward
The counting on His just reward

Thursday
Obey the law and blessings come
To you and all your sons
But, follow not His words like some
And be the cursed ones

Relying not on wealth or fame
But trusting in the Lord
Be listening when He calls your name
And follow close His word

Friday
Refining fire of love so pure
The sickness of my sins You cure
That I might offer sacrifice
And follow closely Your advice

For love demands a willing heart
Prepared to give, and do its part
To spread the news across the land
That God's redemption is at hand.

Saturday
Grant wisdom to this heart of mine
To ways of holiness incline
Not straying from Your holy way
But close by You throughout the day

Let never in prosperity
My heart to stray away from Thee
But rather take my riches then
Let me, alone, on You depend.

No comments:

Post a Comment