Sunday, January 21, 2018

2/4/18 Through 2/10/18

2/4/18 Through 2/10/18

Sunday
I seek a lonely place with You
Not just for all the works You do
But here to show my love is true
And just to spend some time with You

For all my worries of the day
Within Your presence melt away
And though remains my cross to bear
I know beside me, You are there

Monday
Lord let me touch Your tassel then
In truth I shall be healed
And let me be attentive when
Your word has been revealed

My goal for happiness and joy
To spread across the land
Your works and wisdom to employ
With love as You had planned

Tuesday
Is all I write an empty word,
A babble that is never heard?
Is pride the motivation for
The drive to constantly say more?

In honesty, I must admit
I take a little pride in it,
But at the core, I relish time
To sit with You and pen the rhyme.

Wednesday
Uncleanliness comes from within
The source of all our graft and sin
For all the things he made are good
When proper use is understood

Thursday
A steadfast heart create for me
Not wavering in the wind
No foreign gods for me to see
No need to be chagrined

A humble heart that sees my sins
Confessing one and all
In wisdom knows that love begins
By answering His call

In simple observation see
How weakly I resolve
To banish foreign gods from me
And let true love evolve

Friday
Oh, if we would open wide
The Lord would surely fill
If we would be His ready bride
His grace would overfill

If hearts were truly set on Him
And evil was subdued
No more would outlooks be so dim
If holiness pursued

Saturday
A pilgrim in the desert fed
To trust in providence is led
No other god has ever said
His body now becomes our bread

His food becomes our flesh and bone
Our food from God, and God alone
In desert land parched by the sun
With love a heart and soul are won

No comments:

Post a Comment