Sunday, February 18, 2018

3/4/18 Through 3/10/18

3/4/18 Through 3/10/18

Sunday
Much like the woman at the well
Each one a story that we tell
Of how His water quenched our thirst
When we, at last, with Him conversed

Too long we stayed away in pride
Forsaking comforts at His side
We chose instead our sinful way
And saved, for Him, another day

But then one day to our surprise
He came and opened up our eyes
Revealing all our sin and shame
And healing all the sick and lame

You too, I know, have had the thirst
And many wells you have traversed
In Him are rivers deep and wide
No more you'll thirst when at His side.

Monday
Forgiveness is a special theme
Not some contrived, or worthless scheme
We look beyond the crime to see
A precious soul like you and me

For unity that God desires
We must forgive as love requires
And reconcile with every soul
To make us one, complete, and whole

Tuesday
Not faith enough to grow the seed
In Nazareth, the town of need
No prophet in his native town
Is there accepted with renown.

Wednesday
What god brings peace and freedom here?
What god, to man, will draw so near?
Who's law is just and always right?
Who stands before us in the fight?

None but He who made the skies
Him whose voice can speak no lies
Him who loves without reserve
Him who teaches us to serve

No god like this in other lands
That hears our plea and understands
There's only one who stooped so low
His boundless love to clearly show

So we should come to know the one
Who sacrificed His only Son
The One who died upon the tree
To save a sinner such as me.

Thursday
If I could just but read the signs
That speak so loud of His designs
Repent, I would, of all my sin
And turn my gaze back unto Him

So strip the armour guarding me
And make my eyes to really see
I need so badly all You give
That one day I should truly live

Friday
Return to Him and beg for thee
His patience and His clemency
Return and let your wounds be healed
Return and let Him be your shield

Return and let Him shade the heat
Return and find real food to eat
Return and let Him shepherd thee
Return and truly be set free.

Saturday
I claim not one thing as my own
For all is but a seed You've sown
And watered with abundant grace
To let me run, with You the race

All that's wrong has been my choice
When failing to obey Your voice
And seeking pride instead of Thee
Contrite, and in humility


No comments:

Post a Comment