Saturday, October 28, 2017

11/12/17 through 11/18/17

11/12/17 through 11/18/17

Sunday
The end of time is coming soon
Perhaps today at nine or noon
Have I prepared to meet the groom?
Have I let love within me bloom?

Did I take time to fill my flask?
For wisdom did I search or ask?
Have I besought her every morn?
Within my heart has love been born?

The oil to last throughout the night
And keep the flame still burning bright
Is found in many varied ways
We follow Him throughout our days

Each task of love that we perform
The time we take, a heart to warm
Provides the oil for our light
To meet the bridegroom in the night

Monday
Let not a scandal come from me
But let my faith be what they see
Strengthen me and fill my need
Nurture now, this mustard seed.

Tuesday
All I have is but a gift
No matter how I search or sift
No thing I've made or prize I've earned
But only nothingness I've learned

A worthless servant granted time
To serve this gracious King of mine
May I but hearken to His call
And freely give my all in all.

Wednesday
Of this leperous body cleanse me
From its selfishness defend me
Thou art King and Lord of all
You answer every humble call

Hear my plea to be made clean
Let not my sinfulness be seen
But wash away my awful guilt
In me Your temple be rebuilt

Thursday
Grant wisdom to this heart of mine
That I may ever choose
My will to that of Yours align
And never life to lose

The way of love, the depths You see
Go far beyond my mind
I need Your grace to set me free
That wisdom I could find

Friday
How could we miss the elephant
That stands within the room
And be a fool so confident
Yet headed straight for doom?

The Artist's hand is evident
In all the works we see
In every tiny element
Or in the mighty sea.

Let me not be that foolish one
Who passes every day
And never sees the Father's Son
In those along the way

Give me a heart to love the poor
And know that they deserve
To know Your love and care is sure
And grace without reserve

Inspire me to holiness
In all I say and do
Let me give up my coziness
To be much more like You

Saturday
Will faith be found upon this land
Will we obey the Lord's command,
And pray in this persistent way
To fill our needs for every day?

1 comment:

  1. Greetings Mark. I enjoyed reading this poetic piece, well done. Well written with good rhymes. I particularly like 'Monday's verse'. You are a true servant to Jesus and God. Blessings to you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete