Sunday, October 8, 2017

10/22/17 Through 10/28/17

10/22/17 Through 10/28/17

Sunday
Every power on earth bestowed
Comes from above, from One who showed
His love in total sacrifice
To for our many sins suffice

So recognize what he has done
By sending us His only Son
And give the honor where it's due
To One who has great love for you

Monday
Presuming only in His love
We place our trust in God above
The barn we simply fill with things
But never happiness it brings

We seek the giver, not the gift
For He alone will spirits lift
No thing on earth can satisfy,
But more and more the fool will try

Tuesday
Here I am to do your will
And let my heart, Your graces fill
Too long I've tried this way of mine
And let my heart, the world entwine

With foolish goals my way is fraught
For by the flesh, my will's been taught
To choose the easy pleasure near
And not my Lord and God to fear

Oh help me cast that way aside
And bathe in precious cleansing tide
That I might stay awake and see
The Master's kind return to me

Wednesday
Slaves we are and slaves we will be
Both now and in eternity
We have the will to choose which kind,
The where with all to graces find

May we not be slaves of sin
And foster wickedness within
But show ourselves brought back alive
As ones, in righteousness, who strive

Those freed from sin will find their way
To listen well and then obey
And then upon surprise return
The Master's praises they will earn

Thursday
This frightening passage comes to me
As wake-up call that I may see
That I must face the fiery blaze
To clear away the sinful haze

The fire of love to purify
That I might live and never die
Oh spark that flame of love in me
And all my cherished family

Friday
The good I will is not within
But rather I am filled with sin
My flesh so weak and cowardly
That holy, I may never be

What pow'r can save this flesh of mine
That towards the evil way inclines?
The pow'r to turn my heart above
Is Jesus Christ, the man of love

Saturday
Lord help me answer to Your call
Please strengthen faith, don't let me fall
I want to much, a doer be
But oh, dear Lord, please strengthen me.

No comments:

Post a Comment