Sunday, October 15, 2017

10/29/17 Through 11/4/17

10/29/17 Through 11/4/17

Sunday
Now love of God and love of man
The perfect place within His plan
This test devised to trick the Son
Proved Him our God and Holy One

For love is more than words or rules
Love is what our passions fuels
To give oneself in total love
Reflects the love of God above

Monday
This heavy sin has bent my spine
Lord in my wretched state incline
And free me from this burden great
That once again I may stand straight

Tuesday
I offer You this mustard seed
In hopes that it will grow
Into the faith and trust I need
To never let You go

So tiny one can barely see
So easily destroyed
How can the faith survive in me
With selfishness employed?

So clear away the avarice
Give up the greed and more
No seed can grow in dirt like this
What am I waiting for?

Wednesday
Lord make me hunger but for You
Be present there in all I do
Make all desires pale when shown
In light of You, and You alone

Lord make me thirst for holiness
That all my sin would be confessed
So mercy I would daily find
And nevermore be seen so blind

Let me wear Your mighty seal
And join You where the thunders peal
Exclaiming there with holy men
Your glory, power, and might, Amen!

Thursday
Lord cleanse this sinful heart of mine
And to Your way, my will incline
Let the cleansing now begin
That sooner, I should favor win

I must be clean and pure of heart
To stand within Your work of art
Attachments, none however small
No hint or remnant of the fall

No shadows in this world of light
Of always day and never night
So let Your fire burn away
My sins, and bring about Your day

Friday
How could I lose eternity
For those who mocked and hated me?
My love is not as great as this,
But I have felt His loving kiss

The kiss, the word, the gentle call
The challenge to surrender all
I wish that all would come to know
The Lord, and let His favors grow

It's quite a far-off place to get
That I, would so, myself forget
And love the others more than me
But that would truly set me free

Saturday
He's writing straight with crooked lines
And so our Maker thus defines
His providence above all things
That peace, to those in trial brings

A Sabbath day, a story told
Of taking places by the bold
And then the haughty one is led
To where the lowly ones are fed

He works within the faults of men
To show His mercy once again
And those once lost who find their way
Make ever brighter endless day


3 comments:

  1. Greetings. A pleasant piece that I enjoyed reading. Very expressive. God bless you and your faith.

    Thank you. Love Jesus love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your words of encouragement.

      Delete