Sunday, November 5, 2017

11/19/17 Through 11/25/17

11/19/17 Through 11/25/17

Sunday
The worthy wife with busy hands
A house of love, her work expands
The needy clothed, the poor are fed
Her labor yields a filling bread

Great faithfulness in tiny things
A heart of constancy it brings
And no calamity can shake
The faithful servant, wide awake.

Monday
Just how, oh Lord, I want to see
And follow closely, unto Thee
But weak I am, and every day
To sin I bow, and fall away

The love upon Your face I see
In agony upon the tree
And yet I fail to muster power
To follow, in temptation's hour

A blind and foolish man I am
And You, the good and spotless Lamb
I cry aloud that I might be
Someday allowed to walk with Thee

My weakness runs to any length
But You can be my needed strength
Help me to choose to follow Thee
And place myself upon that tree.

Tuesday
Grant courage and a steadfast heart
That I may gladly do my part
To show the young a heart sincere
Can suffer much and never fear

No one remembers those who failed
But only those whose spirits scaled
The height of total love and trust
Forevermore, their faith discussed

Wednesday
A coin is given to each man
To trade and ply the best he can
To bring a greater harvest where 
The evil one can bring despair

The mother with her seven sons
Were thought the poor misfortuned ones
But they invested all they had
And now in paradise are glad

Their coin of love and trust they spent
With battered flesh, and bodies rent
Their story through the centuries told
Their lives returning many fold

Thursday
Our faith must be much more than word
By action best, our voice is heard
When staring evil in the eye
We must insist, we won't comply

Our hope must strengthen in the fight
That God will lead beyond the night
And soon will come a brighter day
With happiness along the way

Our charity must be sincere
And raise the needy planted here
For love will change both heart and mind
And keep us with, the Lord aligned

Friday
Your zeal, oh Lord, how we have seen
That You desire a temple clean
Drive out the evil from my ways
And fill my heart with holy praise

Saturday
How easily we fool ourselves
And turn from what is true
We make our own reality
And run ourselves askew

If we would just but listen well
And do as we are told
Such foolishness we would expel
And enter in the fold


1 comment:

  1. Greetings Mark. A wonderful poetic piece that I enjoyed reading - well done. We should be servants of our Lord. Well written with good rhymes. Very expressive of your love for Jesus and God.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete