Saturday, September 26, 2020

10/11/20 Through 10/16/20

 10/11/20 Through 10/16/20

Sunday
So rich a feast prepared for me,
But as so many, did I see?
I had excuses every day,
For why I could not stop and pray.

A banquet there before me lay
Prepared afresh and new each day,
But cares of life would fill the mind,
And peace I sought, could never find.

One day a challenge came, you see,
Was Sunday quite enough for me, 
And did my heart of hearts believe
That Jesus Christ, I did receive?

The question there before me stood.
Excuses still, to find I could,
But only would I understand
If daily bread, for me, was planned.

I found within a little while
The bread could calm, and then beguile.
A word or two I'd hear each day,
To guide me on His narrow way.

I came at first, to just be fed,
But found at Mass, a banquet spread.
A feast of rich and juicy food,
Not wasted time, as many viewed.

So daily now, I come to feast,
And tame what's left of me as beast. 
This meal of true and living bread
Is how I live, and how I'm fed.

Monday
Three words to rule my every day
Three words to guide me on my way.
A simple way to freedom win,
Avoiding all the traps of sin.

Though many look for harder ways,
This simple rule will solve the maze.
Eternal life will come to these
Whose humble way, the Lord will please.

At judgment time the southern Queen
And Ninevites will then convene,
Condemning as they simply say,
"You failed to listen and obey."

Tuesday
The law within me be fulfilled
The word of God, through me distilled.
Where purified of all deceit
I find a life of love complete.

Cleanse me as I'm meant to be,
From inside out, so then I see
That love must rule in every way,
And guide the things I do today.

Wednesday
To crucify the flesh can be
The greatest act of love for me.
For when the flesh is crucified,
The Lord will then, His will confide.

Humility will pave the way
And change the logic of today,
To show that sacrifice is key
If we would all be one with Thee.

The tithe of mint and rue is good,
But more than that, the faithful should
Give up all selfish pride and sin,
To here on earth, new life begin.

Thursday
Doomed by woes, the Father knows
My weak and sinful soul.
So steeped in sin, how can I win?
What pow'r can make me whole?

It seems to me, the Godhead Three
Should clear and start again,
For what to me, I plainly see,
Is blindness ever when...

I look inside and find the tide
As clean and fresh as spring.
Then hear Him speak, and see how weak,
My soul, a filthy thing.

But Love somehow did humbly bow,
And die to save my soul.
To free the vile and reconcile,
To heal and make me whole.

So once again I thank Him then,
And praise His Holy Name.
Once touched and graced, my sins erased.
I'll never be the same!

Friday
Praise for fingers and for toeses,
For the earses and the noses.
Praise for soft and chubby cheeks,
For peek-a-boos, and hide-and-seeks.

So far above me,
Is the One who can see,
Who created the eye
That we use for I Spy.

The feet and the hands
That obey His commands
Are the ones who can see
Far beyond what is me.

The nails on the toes
And the hairs in the nose,
Have a purpose to fill
In accord with His will.

The design is all there,
From the feet to the hair,
From the shin to the chin
It's beyond all compare.

So praise the designer
Give glory to God
There's nothing more finer
Exalted or awed.

As bees go on buzzing 
And hummingbirds fly
I think what I wuzzing
Before and I cry.

Unaware of the greatness 
Of God that is He
Whose love and whose goodness
Has made you and me.

Saturday
Make me one to suffer well,
To choose the harder way and tell,
Of how his love has conquered all,
As One so great became so small.

One humbled in such cruel way,
Through meekness never met decay,
But rose on high that all should know,
The narrow way, the way to go.

Grant me the courage and the will
To face temptation, and then still,
Resist the urge of flesh to cave,
And choose the pow'r of love to save.





















No comments:

Post a Comment