Sunday, September 20, 2020

10/4/20 Through 10/10/20

 10/4/20 Through 10/10/20

Sunday
The vineyard here I tend for You
Its health depends on what I do.
The fruit it bears belongs to Thee,
But there's a portion kept for me.

You gave me good and healthy vines
How well I tend them now defines
The harvest that we two will share,
And if my labor's worth its fare.

I wish to grant You all that's due
And trust, the lease You will renew.
For only in Your will, I find
My happiness and Your's enshrined.

Monday
One word alone to you I preached,
In hope that all, by faith, be reached.
Believe no other, come what may,
The truth is in these words I say.

For straight alone from Christ, I speak.
No honor from these men, I seek.
For why should I be slave to one
Except God's own begotten Son?

The law remains, but far above,
Demands of Christ, demands of love.
By treating all as neighbor here,
The clearly saving words we hear.

Tuesday
Extreme in their love, were both Mary and Paul
Who sought to know God, and give Him their all.
No duty could sway from the chance to be heard
The sound of His voice, and His every word.

For there, in His Word lies our key for the day
So we clamor to hear what He has for today.
Be guided and led on the path to His home,
Let nothing deter you, and don't go alone.

Wednesday
In wealthy times teach me to pray.
In more than rhymes, hear what I say.
I'm here to listen and obey,
The reason why I wake to pray.

No other time with you alone.
No other time to call my own.
Where You and I will sit and talk,
And You will teach me how to walk.

In sorrow's time be here with me.
In spite of sorrow, let me see
How love has steered its way again,
And sorrow benefits me then.

In times of poor and simple ways,
Be my Companion through those days.
Help me to know, You're all I need,
And thus abandon all my greed.

In all the times, let me be fed
Each day with Heaven's daily bread.
And turn to You in early morn
To find each day, my faith reborn.

Thursday
Persistent in my daily prayer,
I find disguised, a gem in there.
A pearl that merits all I own.
A love, to me, before unknown.

Unfortunate, I rarely see
How love is slowly changing me,
And molding me to seek His will
Where happiness will be my fill.

Persistently, I wake to say,
"Lord, teach me something new today."
And like so many times before,
I see the sin I must deplore.

Repent!  Repent!  Repent, and see,
How far your soul has strayed from Me,
And how I wish to gather in
My children lost, and steeped in sin.

Just ask and I will give to you 
A soul as fresh as morning dew,
And guide your steps along the way,
If you're persistent when you pray.

Friday
Faith and trust, oh Lord, I need
Your sacred word of love to heed. 
That never may I turn away
From light of truth and go astray.

No other sign I need from You.
One look at all the good You do,
Convincing that our God is near,
And casting out the bane of fear.

My God, be merciful to me.
My weakness clear, I know You see.
So strengthen me to long endure,
And of salvation, me assure.

Saturday
Blest who hear, blest who obey.
How simple the old, but expedient way.
The mother and the brother be
The ones who hear and follow Me.

The law the way the child goes
Before the way of love he knows.
When faith is working, law can flee,
For Christ is He who guideth thee.
























No comments:

Post a Comment