Saturday, September 12, 2020

9/27/20 Through 10/3/20

 9/27/20 Through 10/3/20

Sunday
How small, but special in His eyes
He favors humble more than wise.
The man that turns from sinful ways
O'er one with prideful heart that prays.

We only fool our sinful minds
When self-examination finds
Our service with our lips alone,
But fail to for, the sin atone.

So help me Lord to run to Thee
And find in that humility
Your mercy and Your grace abound,
And truth and goodness there are found.

Monday
A blessing to have lost it all
And seen myself as one so small
Who understands his nothingness,
And you are Lord of our success.

How prideful that we tend to be
Forgetting that all came from Thee.
The ego flares and we forget,
That all we have is in Your debt.

I'm grateful Lord that You have shown
There's nothing here that I should own,
But be a steward here and use
All gifts for good as You would choose.

Tuesday
Angels light of love divine,
Hear this simple plea of mine,
And bear this mortal's fond request
Unto the Savior's welcome breast.

Be my shield in Satan's hour,
Wield from God, your awesome power.
Grant the sight of things unseen,
Purify and make me clean.

Bring His word to ready ears
Strengthen me and calm my fears.
May I come, like you, to praise
My God for everlasting days.

Wednesday
Your ways so far above my own
Designs of Yours, to man, unknown.
Our love is pale compared to Yours
Which daily, apathy endures.

The ones I love, I wish could know
The blessings of the seed You sow.
If they would only there receive
In fertile ground, and then believe.

The plant would bud and flower first,
And then upon the branch would burst
The rich and juicy fruit of love
Intended by our God above.

Thursday
Cut deep into the rock of time
The thought of trust in words of Thine
For never will my heart astray
From Him who draws me on this way.

For many years I've seen each time
His way exceeds this plan of mine.
Through suffering His love reveals
The truth that ease and sloth conceals.

We look at what we've suffered for 
And see there what we value more.
For everything of worth has cost
We measure by the things we lost.

Friday
A guard throughout my day and night
A guard in times of fear and fright.
A messenger to speak the word,
And let me know my prayer is heard.

Protection from the evil ways,
My guide throughout the darkest days,
Who calls, "Don't let your heart be fooled!",
But by the Holy One, be ruled.

Repair what damage I have done
Be my path to God the Son.
Grant me discipline and grace
In hope that I may see His face.

Saturday
How blind I was, but now see
Beyond, and far in front of me.
The ways of God I'll never know,
But trust and find it ever so.

He hides from haughty, learned, proud;
Reveals to humble, meek, and bowed.
All things, in Him, have come to be;
So plain as day, but wise can't see.

A simple phrase when pondered well
Reveals much more than words can tell.
Within the dark, a crack is made
For truth and light to then invade.

Don't fill the crack, but open wide;
Allow the light of truth inside.
Rejoice in all He gives to thee;
Though blind today, one day you'll see.


































































No comments:

Post a Comment