Saturday, October 3, 2020

10/18/20 Through 10/24/20

 10/18/20 Through 10/24/20

Sunday
More than words, but truly power
Let this be my holy hour.
Contemplating Love Divine,
Shine Your light within my mind.

Unlike the tricks in Garden played,
Now on the cross, His love displayed.
No need to doubt a love like this,
No way, such love, can we dismiss.

All given for His love of me,
All given that I be set free,
From chains of selfishness that call,
Dissuading me from giving all.

His everything was given me.
Not taxed, but given, clear and free.
So too, should I, Though weak and small,
Give to the Lord, my all in all.

Monday
So rich in how the world sees,
But can this life on earth now please,
If all I see is earthly gain,
And all the ways of love disdain?

To share my wealth among the poor
Will all my future days secure,
A place where love is wealth indeed,
And how the wealthy ones succeed.

Tuesday
The face is now a dreadful thing
How could you dare, uncovered bring
A deadly nose or mouth before
Those here at church to God adore?

The villain now, the face exposed.
On others, dreaded breath imposed.
How dare you breathe unhindered here,
When germs are oh, so very near?

Not even church, a resting place,
Unwelcome, your uncovered face.
Called out and shamed before the crowd,
Not back without a mask allowed.

Such criminals, we cannot bear,
Yet welcome those who do not share
Respect for life as yet unborn,
And have them from the womb be torn.

I want the peace we're looking for,
But covered nose and mouth abhor.
The only way I'll peaceful be
Is when my air is cool and free.

Wednesday
To draw your water joyfully
I come again this morn.
To do Your will both loyally,
And also sinner, warn.

The day will be unknown to thee.
Surprised, be one and all.
Integrity the only key
To answer well the call.

The fool is one who knows Your will
Yet still will not obey.
They'd rather play, and wait until
They're sure You're on Your way.

That day will come so quickly and
There may be not the time
To fill the hand of Love's demand,
And make up for the crime.

Be diligent, and ready now.
Put off the change no more.
Obey and never sloth allow,
Again, His word, ignore.

Thursday
Kneeling here before the Father
By whom every family named,
Let me be the one to bother
Praising all His bounty famed.

May your strength be of the Spirit.
May Christ Jesus dwell within.
May your heart be always nearest,
Grounded, rooted, deep with Him.

Then in love, be strong and know it,
What the saint now comprehends,
Height and depth, and breadth that show it,
How God's fullness never ends.

More than mortal mind imagines
He will grant the faithful ones,
When at last, His ardent love wins,
Man now made adopted sons.

Friday
Be one now worthy of the call
In all your ways, His love recall.
Be one preserving unity
Through meekness and humility.

Friday Evening Adoration
My Jesus, here before I kneel
Your love and grace, I keenly feel.
True presence in the form of bread,
True food on which I'm daily fed.

Saturday
Lord make me love Your every word
Above the din of life, be heard.
In early morn 'fore break of day,
Come speak to me, here as I pray.

Your word be life and food for me,
The fertilizer that I need
To bear the fruit that You desire,
And not be cast into the fire.





















No comments:

Post a Comment