Saturday, October 24, 2020

11/8/20 Through 11/14/20

 11/8/20 Through 11/14/20

Sunday
Let wisdom come at last to me,
Through all the clouds and darkness see.
To press the oil drop by drop,
Wisdom's search must never stop.

Complacency along the way
Can find excuses every day
For why the Lord should wait a while,
And prayer is never quite their style.

Collect each drop, let none go by.
For greater wisdom always try.
This gift He grants to all who seek,
But passers-by will find it bleak.

For when the final day arrives,
And all we have are sinful lives,
The time for gathering is past,
And little oil will not last.

For wisdom grows the flask to fit
Each drop that's added bit by bit.
But with no flask, the oil's lost.
The unrepented sin has cost!

Monday
Be done to me Your holy will.
My heart, with love, Your Spirit fill.
Cleanse Your temple here below,
But show me love and mercy though.

Make fresh the salted sea in me.
Your waters quench this arid tree,
That fruit be borne each month for food,
And healing from the leaves be brewed.

Your house be built within my soul.
A fitful dwelling place, my goal.
Set firm within Thy Cornerstone,
Be Christ my God and God alone.

Tuesday 
Real men the key to turning round
The world in all its ways.
If they be steadfast, firmly bound,
To Christ for all their days.

Real men must lead in self-control,
In temperance, and love.
By doing so will they enroll
Their families above.

Not looking for the accolades
As if entitled to,
But seeing how our work persuades
As simple servants do.

So, humble, in your service be,
Your teaching and your talk.
Let others see integrity
In every place you walk.

Wednesday
How easily we walk away
From miracles each day.
We beg and plead, and then receive,
But fail to stop and pray.

We trust Him as a tire spare,
And show no other care.
No thanks expressed, or sins confessed,
Ungrateful, unaware.

Lord grant me eyes of clarity,
Remove the scales to see.
Let truth be known, and honor shown,
To Him who healeth me.

Thursday
Lord light the sky that I may see
How wondrous life in You will be,
Where brothers learn to love and live
In peace, and surplus, freely give.

Not forc-ed generosity,
But honest love for all, in Thee.
With slaves unfettered, captives freed,
And love the source of every deed.

The unity will long prevail,
And love of neighbor, never fail.
Where Christ the loving Master be,
The slave be satisfied and free.

Friday
Lord let me be alive and well .
No more of failures need I tell.
For when I daily sit with Thee,
So many failings, clear I see.

The vultures pick upon the flesh,
So make my soul alive and fresh.
May innocence in me abound,
And there, a selfless love be found.

My ways be turned around for good.
No looking back upon what should
Bring shame and sorrow for such sin,
But laser-focused eyes on Him.

Saturday
My prayer be not for justice Lord,
For justice, I cannot afford.
But mercy is my firm desire,
Escaping that eternal fire.

If justice were to come my way,
I fear my sin would far outweigh
What little good I've done for Thee,
And find You've done away with me.

But Thou art Mercy undefiled.
You rescue every wayward child
Who sees Your Son upon the wood,
And recognizes purest good.

Within such light, no man can stand.
No other love has ever spanned
The chasm of our deadly sin
With mercy where revenge had been.

But Yours a river deep and wide
To wash away my sinful pride,
And make of me an heir of grace,
In Your eternal dwelling place.

























No comments:

Post a Comment