Saturday, September 28, 2019

10/13/19 Through 10/19/19

10/13/19 Through 10/19/19

Sunday
So many are the gifts You give
To compliment the way we live
But many times we fail to see
Your love, and generosity.

Our life itself, the greatest gift
Yet we have set our minds adrift,
And fail to daily recognize
Your many gifts before our eyes.

Our blessings we may number not
See all around, and those forgot.
Even trials have served us well,
And of our loving Father tell.

Monday
What greater sign could ever be
Than Jesus Christ hung on a tree?
The lamb of God was left to die
Upon the cross, with darkened sky.

How can we turn away from love,
Forsaking light in land above,
Preferring total darkness where
Our selfishness brings more despair?

Speak to me, oh Lord this day,
And use me in some special way.
To turn the lost back to the light
And make their future ever bright.

Tuesday
Such fools the wise have now become
With blinded eye and mind that's numb.
The Maker they refuse to see
Attached to their depravity.

They worship what the Maker made
And look around as light will fade
To darkness growing ever still
And deepening their stinking swill.

The outside cleansed with shiny gleam,
But inside where the filth is seen,
Is guarded as their precious prize.
The foolish masquerade as wise.

Wednesday
Lord help me love and give your due
Not just in tithes of mint and rue
But with each simple loving deed
More to Your holy will accede.

Let my every act be yours
And let me never mind the scores
For goodness is its own reward
And forms us to our loving Lord.

Thursday
My faith and trust is lacking so
I fail quite often, as You know.
But You can change my attitude
And help me win this inner feud.

I've seen how many times before
You gave me strength to help me soar,
Above temptation to the land
Of love and peace that You have planned.

But on my own a weakness reigns
With sin and selfishness as chains.
Help me to listen and obey
The many times You speak today.

Then day by day and brick by brick
Obedience will start to click,
And change a foolish sinful man
To one who lives within Your plan.

Friday
A work for all to share some way
To gather in the lost and stray
To bring the truth to all we meet
And gather in the harvest wheat.

It's up to Him to separate
The chaff from wheat, then demonstrate
His justice, mercy, wrath, and love;
The chaff to fire, and wheat above.

He gives to all an ample chance
To join Him in a victory dance,
But in the end the wicked lose,
Receiving what they freely choose.

Saturday
Faith He renders all who will 
Believe in trial, and trust Him still,
Who risk it all to spread the word
Until the ends of earth have heard.

A gift He grants to others too
To simple ones like me and you,
Who see the folly of the side
That honors lust and boastful pride











































































No comments:

Post a Comment