Saturday, September 21, 2019

10/6/19 Through 10/12/19

10/6/19 Through 10/12/19

Sunday
Faith an enigmatic thing
To which He calls us all to cling
To trust in spite of what we see
And let the Lord, our Shepherd be.

He leads us through the valley dim
If we but put our trust in Him,
And uses every trial faced
To prove our trust is not misplaced.

Monday
I wish to not be much involved
To live a quiet life.
For other lives be quite absolved,
And be with comforts rife.

But Priest and Levite were the same
Consumed with other cares.
Unwilling to accept the blame
For how the stranger fares.

They walked along without a thought
Of who their neighbor be.
And I must see, as well I ought,
The Levite there is me.

So waken me throughout this day
To where my neighbor lies.
And make me stop along the way
To lift his grim disguise.

Tuesday
Help me choose the better part,
A fool and weak am I.
Help me see Your work of art 
With trust, and faithful eye.

Cast off the burden of my sin
And lead me to repent.
That I may learn to enter in,
And freely give ascent.

To every word You speak to me
Throughout my every day
And come with all the saints to see
You truly are the Way!

Wednesday
Our Father on this very day
You know what I'm about to say.
Like Jonah, I have often fled
And yet with manna still You fed.

So faithful, righteous, kind, and good
Yet unrepentant there I stood.
A hundred twenty thousand there,
But in my mind, some shade the care.

Help me see as You see Lord
Who for each sinful man out-poured
Your blood upon that rugged tree
So every sinner could be free.

Let me forgive as you forgave
And let my love, be such to save.
That here Your kingdom come to be
To change them all, but also, me!

Thursday
Once again, before You Lord
To ask what I cannot afford.
To change this sinful heart of mine
And make it look much more like Thine.

Make it be on fire with love
In search of only that above.
Abandoning all base desire
Filled with blazing holy fire.

My Jesus, how I long for You 
To permeate all that I do.
And make me keenly self-aware
How much I need my daily prayer.

To reinforce it every morn
From You, is every blessing born.
From You, is every breath I take,
To You, a morning off'ring make.

Friday
What have I done, to further Your will?
The darkness and cloud envelop me still.
The demons of death and horrors of hate,
Seem never to wane, or to evil abate.

New life that we bring is more threatened each day
By the ways of the world, attempting to sway
Into darkness of selfishness, envy, and greed,
Where demons, by legions indulge and then breed.

The seven-fold terror upon us has spread
Where mothers will murder, and babies are dead.
But the day of the Lord's second coming is near
And all who have sinned should be trembling in fear.

The days of His mercy will come to an end
Where justice will reign, and the evil descend,
To darkness eternal, where flame never dies,
With no one to hear all the pleading and cries.

Oh Lord, save us now, before it's too late.
Take our hearts made of stone to the evil negate.
With a new heart of flesh turn our eyes upon You,
And daily, Your love, in our hearts please renew.

Saturday
Most precious virgin mother kind
Be still my heart, and to it bind
Your heart immaculate and pure.
Best way to meet your Son for sure!

To follow in obedience
The way of most expedience.
To say as you, "Let it be done."
Will bring us closer to your Son.























No comments:

Post a Comment