Saturday, October 5, 2019

10/20/19 Through 10/26/19

10/20/19 Through 10/26/19

Sunday
Last night I failed a test you see
Not ready for, a saint, to be.
I stood embarrassed, shocked, and shamed.
The truth of love, left unexplained.

A precious soul in front of me
Was purchasing the dread"Plan B".
I froze while searching what to say,
And let her go along her way.

My chance to save a life was gone
My silence haunting ever on.
If I had just begun to speak
Would not the Spirit strengthen weak?

Again I know not what to say
But ask forgiveness, Lord I pray,
And beg another chance to show
The love of God I've come to know.

Monday
The more it takes to comfort me,
The less I know what comfort be.
The more I fill my life with things,
The less I see what trusting brings.

A peace beyond the worldly realm,
A love to touch and overwhelm.
A patience in each trial faced,
A needy little child embraced.

Tuesday
How blest those ready on return,
Obedience and trust they learn.
Their every act conforming still 
Unto the Master's holy will.

They trust the grace that He provides
Their every act, in Him abides.
They patiently await the dawn,
And closer yet, each day, are drawn.

Each simple act throughout the day
Will shed a brightness on the way,
Or let the dark grow deeper still,
By turning from His perfect will.

Through one act the darkness came,
But through one act He took our shame.
For grace in greater measure's found
Where sin and selfishness abound.

Wednesday
A slave of righteousness I'll be
If you, oh Lord, will set me free,
From all the trappings here below
Of selfishness I've come to know.

Thursday
The body that expresses love
Is one that's born from light above.
A slave to all that's good and pure,
Who walks the path that's straight and sure.

Destruction comes the other way
To those who wander, turn, or stray.
The Lord has come dividing those
From ones who freely, love, have chose.

Friday
The wretchedness within I know,
If left unchallenged there will grow.
Then flesh will dominate the will
And grow more wretched ever still.

The walls of Wisdom calm the mind
Within, true peace, and love we find.
But we must ever choose the good,
If we're to have the peace we should.

Thanks be to God, for Jesus Christ.
The Lamb of God who sacrificed
His precious blood to sinners mend
And from our evil ways defend.

Saturday
How sad the tree that bears no fruit
Absorbed in only self-pursuit.
So beautiful, but leaves don't feed
The ever-present human need.

For only fruit can satisfy,
And with the Master's will comply.
So if we really hope to live,
We must be trees that learn to give.










































No comments:

Post a Comment