Sunday, October 20, 2019

11/3/19 Through 11/9/19

11/3/19 Through 11/9/19

Sunday
Your mercy, Lord, my great desire
To walk amid Your cleansing fire
To be a soul as white as snow
And joy of righteous ones to know.

You call me closer every day
To turn from sin and learn to pray
To be the man I'm meant to be,
To climb the tree and clearly see.

Monday
No expectation of return
But only true and just concern
For fellow man in need of care
That you can find most anywhere.

Those inconvenient, nagging few
Who on the corners look at you
And hold their signs expressing need
Whom you pass by increasing speed.

Those of whom the Gospel speaks
Are those for whom the Shepherd seeks
And those for whom He bids us love
To find reward in heav'n above.

Tuesday
Lord, clear my mind and let me see
You call for me to dine with Thee
To share this food of angel's bread
To come to Thee and well be fed.

Excuses come in many forms,
But none that calm the wind and storms.
The only way to truly see
Is if we come and sup with Thee.

Wednesday
The answer to Your every word,
The act within that's ever stirred,
Is learn to love and give away
The many things that cause to stray.

Be not attached to creatures here,
But love and trust and never fear.
For He who made your very soul
Knows how to heal and make you whole.

Thursday
His mercy without ever end
To saint or sinner He will send.
If we but ask we will receive
And in the heart, new life conceive.

The Shepherd cares for every sheep
And wants to all, in safety keep.
But in our foolishness we'll stray,
And beg for mercy on that day.

That day when every knee must bow
And every single voice avow,
That Christ has won the victory,
And truth has set the captive free.

Friday
To me the unbeliever bring
And let me of my Savior sing
That deep within the soul would spark
The light of faith to chase the dark.

So when I'm called to give accounts
Of what I've had in great amounts
I'd show a profit for the King
And not the shame of idling.

Saturday
With whip of cords He drove them out
Amid the crowd and protest shout.
Don't make this house a den of thieves,
But one of faith where man believes.

And let the waters flow from here
Refreshing trees throughout the year
The fruit of which will feed the poor,
And leaves, the sickly one will cure




























No comments:

Post a Comment