Saturday, March 2, 2019

3/17/19 Through 3/23/19

3/17/19 Through 3/23/19

Sunday
When the rough has been removed
And every surface sanded smooth,
A shine appears so rich and clear
To prove the Lord is dwelling here.

They saw upon the mountain high
The glory of the Lord pass by,
And heard the words "This is My Son"
The good and holy, Chosen One.

So let Him now remove the dross,
And count your gain as none but loss.
When gazing at the Holy One
Who offered up His only Son.

Monday
Condemnation takes us where
There's judgment and complete despair,
But mercy and forgiveness bring
Quite a different sort of thing.

Give and thus receive the gift
To raise the soul and spirits lift.
A measure packed to overflow
For when we give, is when we grow.

Tuesday
St.  Joseph, man of quiet strength
Protecting Christ at any length.
Spouse of grace and purity
Grant such faithful love to me.

Let me love as well you did
While Christ within your home you hid.
Make me to love your docile way,
And grant a happy death I pray.

Wednesday
Lord make of me a humble saint,
And deep within my spirit paint
A love forgiving, kind, and true
So many see, in me, is You.

Though weakness oft befalls my will,
Thy cup, to drink, I beg Thee still.
And pray Your grace within that time
Provide the ladder I must climb.

A good and holy thing I ask.
For You, a simple little task.
To keep me always next to You,
And guide me in what ere I do.

Thursday
Trust in Him and make it known,
Rely not on the things you own.
For when the day of judgment comes,
Your money looks like useless crumbs.

The riches each of us receive
Will not be with us when we leave.
Except the riches of the heart,
That never will, from us depart.

Friday
A vineyard planted by the Lord
Should yield a just and rich reward.
But those He set as tenants there,
Refuse to give the Master's share.

Rejecting time and time again,
The messengers He sends, and when
They see the Master's precious Son
They crucify this Holy One.

Not far from this our average day
When we refuse to walk His way,
And with contempt we treat the Son
In spite of all the Lord has done.

Saturday
Mercy in the Father's plan
The greatest gift He has for man.
A welcome home with robe and ring,
If we but our repentance bring.

A love we cannot comprehend
Forgiving those who oft offend
A prodigal and wasteful way
To love a flock that often stray.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment