Saturday, March 16, 2019

3/24/19 Through 3/30/19

3/24/19 Through 3/30/19

Sunday
Scrutinize my heart this day
Draw me close within Your way.
Cleanse me with Your holy fire
Make Your will my heart's desire.

Walk me through the parted sea
Share the angel's bread with me.
Bend and shape the thoughts I think
Split the rock and give me drink.

Grant repentance for my sin
For children and my other kin.
Counting gain as none but loss,
Bring us all to love the cross.

Monday
The wonder of a child conceived
The Virgin Full of Grace received.
No spot or wrinkle on her soul.
Fulfilling words upon the scroll.

Tuesday
Forgiveness in the eyes of men
Is blotting out our sins, but when
It comes to passing on this gift
Our charity is not so swift.

This stinginess will not avail
If our own debtors we assail.
For Master wishes all to be,
His ministers of clemency.

Wednesday
In many ways we look to law
To justify a blatant flaw.
We look to laws proclaimed by man
To do what only God's law can.

The voice of many makes not right
When they persist in dark of night.
The shades of sin obscure what's true,
And make a shameless fool of you.

The only way to justify
Is with the one true law comply.
And teach the young to follow well
The word of God, that we heard tell.

Thursday
Let me listen well today,
Following the words You say.
Taking heed where I am wrong,
And placing You where You belong.

Often strayed by selfish whim
Losing my clear sight of Him.
Hearing not His precious call
To love enough to give Him ALL!

Friday
With heart and soul and mind and strength
Our love must reach to any length.
When neighbor's loved as self, you see,
The Kingdom is not far from thee.

The answer comes within the storm,
The way to love, and thus reform
Our lives to meet the great command,
And take His love to all the land.

Saturday
He whom wind and sea obey
Provides the surest loving way
To reach the end for which we seek
Among the humble and the meek.

No comments:

Post a Comment