Saturday, March 16, 2019

3/31/19 Through 4/6/19

3/31/19 Through 4/6/19

Sunday
Show me one who trusted God
Was ever put to shame.
Instead the righteous path they trod
Led to a lasting fame.

So many in their wickedness,
Forgotten over time.
But good and holy righteousness
Is shown the fame sublime.

Monday
The wonders and the many signs
He offered in His grand designs
To rescue man from sinful chains,
And offer him what heaven gains.

A peace and joy before unknown,
The look of love when fully grown.
The total gift of self, like His,
The way to joy in heaven is.

Tuesday
A sprinkle of the water stirred
Brings new life, of which I've heard.
By just a touch or simple spray,
All our sins are washed away.

Wednesday
Just how is it our God is man?
Who would conceive of such a plan?
No god would ere  so humble be
Assuming flesh, to be like me.

But He is not like other gods
For they are all but useless frauds.
To sickly flesh he grants the grace
To every grief and hardship face.

For He revealed what sin did hide,
The folly of our sinful pride.
And showed the way that we should be,
A servant in humility.

Thursday
When ere I cry to You 
You answer me oh Lord.
Akin to morning dew,
Your love again out-poured.

When more than I can bear
You lend a helping hand,
And bring Your child where,
Your providence had planned.

Friday
Let me not reject You Lord
For in Your love is my reward.
My gain is not from others loss,
But only Yours upon the cross.

Let me not see dark as light
But let me see Your future bright.
Help me, lowly ones, to raise,
And give to You the rightful praise.

Saturday
None before like Him have spoken,
Order and convention broken.
Words of great authority
Pierce the heart and speak to me.

One who knows my every deed,
My selfishness and sinful greed,
Yet loves me with a burning flame,
And gently calls to me by name.

A random thought...

The near occasion comes to us
As simple and as pure,
But evil lurk among what was 
Okay to you, for sure.

Be gentle, yes, but very wise,
In everything you do.
Do not be fooled by his disguise
Or he will conquer you.

No comments:

Post a Comment