Sunday, February 24, 2019

3/10/19 Through 3/16/19

3/10/19 Through 3/16/19

Sunday
As I journey through this time,
And greater heights attempt to climb,
I need Your Spirit everyday
To guide me in the proper way.

Help me find a strength unknown,
And give myself to You alone.
That I may gladly choose to be
A son devoted unto Thee.

Monday
In nursing home or prison where
The least are oft abandoned there,
Give hope within these bleak confines
That somehow, here, His will entwines.

And comfort bring in simple bread,
The kind on which the martyrs fed.
That there within these lonely halls
They recognize His voice that calls.

Come join your suffering to Mine,
And to the Father's will incline.
Then know within these grim constraints,
He forms you into holy saints.

Tuesday
In praying do not babble so,
As if I were so blind.
Ask not, and yet I clearly know
Your need to be refined.

As no one better knows your need
Than maker of your kind,
For He with living bread will feed,
And give you peace of mind.

Wednesday
A fast will train the will of man
In ways no other method can.
It shows the weak how strong the will,
And shows the strong, much lacking still.

A fast can be sincerity,
Or cloak to hide dishonesty.
The fast to please our Blessed Lord
Is one where evil is abhorred.

Thursday
Ask and receive, seek and you find,
Hearing for ears and eyes for the blind.
Knock and find an open door,
An answered prayer, and so much more.

No snake for fish, or stone for bread.
But with the finest wheat are fed.
And children of a Father kind,
Will only good things ever find.

How often I have overlooked
The gift of which I oft partook.
The body of the King of Kings,
To me in daily Mass He brings.

Friday
Turn not away at any time.
Remember well these words of mine.
For love's an all-consuming thing
And not a single offering.

No haven for the taste of sin
No place for wickedness within
The place of rest I offer you,
So be forgiving, kind, and true.

Saturday
Oddly we should be His own,
And make the way of God well-known.
That friend and foe alike could see
His love irradiate from thee.











































No comments:

Post a Comment