Saturday, September 15, 2018

9/30/18 Through 10/6/18

9/30/18 Through 10/6/18

Sunday
Lord, so often I look and see
With eyes of foolosh jealousy,
And fail to see that all I am 
Is just another sinful man.

Cut off the parts that weigh me down
May they be with, a millstone, drowned.
I hope to find my life in You 
So sanctify the things I do.

Monday
Naked I came, and naked I go.
Nothing is mine, as far as I know.
All that I have was given by You
Praise to the One whom praises are due!

Tuesday
Angel of God my guardian dear
Daily my prayer and thanksgiving you hear.
Lifted to God with incense smoke
Each prayer of the heart the faithful spoke.

There at my side in the morning light.
There to watch over throughout every night.
There at my call when fear overflows,
There as my guide, the next step to expose.

Wednesday
This dollar bill a paltry thing
Yet to its draw, we firmly cling.
Decisions made by what things cost,
No thought at all for what is lost.

The dollar cannot satisfy,
When even found in great supply.
this fact well-known, but still we yearn
A little larger pay to earn.

Then when invited, "Follow Me"
Beyond the fog we cannot see.
The dollars seem to high a cost,
The worthless saved, salvation, lost!

Thursday
A Frenchman wise and clever said,
"Our church should not be left for dead."
Quite true, her beauty fades with sin
But change must come from deep within.

The only way to rid the vice,
Is suffer well and pay the price.
Replacing sin with virtues rare
As found in Francis and in Clare.

This poverty, the artist's way,
To battle vices of the day,
And find the spring of purity,
Forgiveness in humility.

Sufficient are the critics now,
But what we need are more somehow,
Of artists who will ply their hand
In answer to the great command.

Friday
I wish to be a martyr
That never skips a meal
I think my way much smarter,
to common sense appeal.

I wish to build the brawn,
But never lift a weight,
To rise before the dawn,
But sleep to half past eight.

I wish to sleep around
But be as pure as snow.
In luxury be drowned,
Yet poverty to know.

You call my way absurd,
No way for it to be,
So you must not have heard
Of such topology.

Am I so odd to want as much
You say can never be?
Just look around and count the schmucks
Who play the lottery!

Saturday
In emptiness You voice is heard,
You will in suffering.
In quiet there the soul is stirred
To let the Lord be King.































No comments:

Post a Comment