Sunday, September 9, 2018

9/23/18 Through 9/29/18

9/23/18 Through 9/29/18

Sunday
No room to boast of what I own
For if at last, the truth be known,
All that I have was given me
That I might live eternally.

And look beyond my selfish greed
To see the One I truly need
Possessions cannot ever give
The things I need to truly live

The childlike will find in Thee
The answer to their every plea,
and humble ones will come to know
The greater gift that You bestow.

Monday
Set your light upon the stand
And listen for His each command.
Be docile and compliant when
He asks of you to give again.

For what you have was given for
Both blessing you, and many more.
Your light was meant to fill the room,
Dispelling darkness, grief, and gloom.

Tuesday
A brother may I be to you 
Who from the noisy crowd withdrew,
To better hear what You would say,
And follow on that trusted way.

Expecting inspirations large,
But finding smaller things my charge,
And nonethelsss I must obey,
To find, for me, the perfect way.

His word will come proportioned to
My willingness to hear, and do.
Each time I spurn a little chance,
I say, I wish not to advance.

But if I quickly answer yes,
It leads me to a sure success.
A triumph over selfish whim,
And one step closer now to Him.

Wednesday
The less I possess, the more I receive.
Abundance is mine because I believe,
To Him all belongs, and none of it mine,
Yet all that I need is granted in time.

His love ever present to those in need,
And daily, with bread, The Father will feed.
Truth the companion of those with the Word.
Speech with authority now has been heard.

Demons will flee at the sound of His name
Sight for the blind, and feet for the lame.
Making the journey without sack or stick,
Proclaiming the Kingdom, and healing the sick.

Nothing is mine, but all that I need
He grants everyday just as He decreed.
In weakness, His power is shown everyday.
He cares for the humble, who follow His way.

Thursday
The world turns another day
And caught within the endless fray,
Are those whose lives have gone astray,
Who never stop to think or pray.

So futile can it all appear
If they will never stop to hear,
His call to listen and draw near,
His call to cast away all fear.

Each revolution serves to guide
His purpose, ever amplified.
That none but Him could e're provide
Such peace and love exemplified.

So let no turn be passed away
Without some good along the way.
Make love the goal in all you say,
And find the beauty in each day.

Friday
In darkness in the still of morn
A thirst for something more is born.
In quiet there His whisper heard,
Before the first awakened bird.

A longing for His word to lead,
A longing for a daily seed.
To plant within this heart of mine,
And move a bit more close to Thine.

Saturday
An angel is a messenger
Whose duty is to come and stir
The hearts of men to see the way,
And Word of God, to us, relay.

Each one of us, to others be
At times, the one to help them see.
So, in some way, an angel too
If we but listen well to You.

My goal, oh Lord, is but to be
An instrument of love for Thee.
To help my brother understand
The grandeur of what You have planned.

So help me in my weakest hour
To speak with Love's most awesome power.
That I might be, for others then,
An angel to my fellow men.
































No comments:

Post a Comment