Saturday, September 1, 2018

9/16/18 Through 9/22/18

9/16/18 Through 9/22/18

Sunday
The question still remains today
Just who you say I am.
You know what other people say,
But this is your exam.

The question comes to each of us
At some point in our lives.
No time for us to then discuss,
When Judgement Day arrives.

So ask yourself this day and know,
Do you believe at all?
If so, arise and off do go,
In answer to His call.

And know the cross awaits as well
For all who call Him Lord.
To sin and selfishness the knell,
With ample grace outpoured.

Monday
Oh Lord I am not worthy now
That You should come to me somehow,
And grace me with another gift,
To once again my spirit lift.

But everyday in quiet morn,
Your word to me, again is borne
To shine a ray of light within
And help me turn away from sin.

Tuesday
Each need He meets at proper time,
A wedding with abundant wine.
A raging sea rebuked and calm,
The comfort of a fitting psalm.

A mother given back her son.
Ten lepers cured, but grateful, one.
On just five loaves are many fed,
You come to us in daily bread.

I worry and I wonder when,
That Christ will come and act again,
As faithful only He can be,
To show how much He cares for me.

Wednesday
In so great a need for love
We cry to You, oh Lord above,
Our world is set in evil ways
So hard to find a man that prays.

Love's perverted in our time
So hard to break this paradigm.
The fraud of pleasure, lust, and greed
Far easier to fill and feed.

But emptiness is where it leads,
And more of nothingness it breeds.
For emptiness cannot fulfill
The void within our own free will.

When finally they understand,
If not too late, for what He planned
They see they sought created things
Instead of what true love soon brings.

It's not so hard if just we seek
To immitate the poor and meek,
And see created evidence
As just a sign of Providence

The creature's not the end you see,
Far greater, its creator be.
For Love is that which gave us all 
And love is our much higher call.

Thursday
Have I used Your grace to me
In ways to set my brother free,
Or have I been a useless slave
Who squandered all the Master gave?

Your grace is offered everyday
But oft I pass it by and say,
I'm busy now, I haven't time
To stop and talk, or give a dime.

I'm on my way with goals intent.
Don't speak to me of being sent.
Like the song, I want to say,
Look at this life I did my way!

But now I see that worthless end.
Just folly that, on I, depend
For all that matters when I die,
Is how I loved the Lord on high.

So grant Your grace again and see,
A trusted servant, I will be.
Repentant for my many sins,
Who knows at death, new life begins.

Friday
Two words are all it took to bring
The tax collector to the King.
The man despised by leaders there,
who left his post within the square.

In Him he saw the truth revealed.
To him his righteousness appealed.
At once his gold appeared as tin,
The moment that he answered Him.

That "Follow Me" resounds today,
To each of us along the way,
But oh, if we could only see,
What holds us back is trumpery.

Saturday
What we see is just a seed,
But given soil as it needs,
To deeply root and firmly hold
Far greater then, will we behold.

If watered well and given light,
The seed will grow to greater height.
Producing fruit to feed the soul,
To satisfy and bless the whole.

Far beyond that little seed,
The plant will grow to fill our need
If it will die to be reborn,
then rise again, by God, transformed!


















































No comments:

Post a Comment