Saturday, September 22, 2018

10/7/18 Through 10/13/18

10/7/18 Through 10/13/18

Sunday
By Him, the man and wife were made
To join in love, and never fade.
A life of giving all we own.
A life where seeds of love are sown.

A fruitful bond with two made one,
For more than just the sake of fun.
To mirror in affinity,
The love among the Trinity.

Monday
What must I do to be saved?
What obstacle still must be braved?
Just point me the way, and I'll do what You say.
Your word on my hand is engraved.

To love him's a pretty good start.
But only a half, or a part.
For if love isn't shown, to the brother that's known,
We haven't got much of a heart.

So listen and learn very well
From each of the stories I tell.
For on the way through, there's a message for you,
If on it, a while, you dwell.

Tuesday
Oh how busy I have been,
So much in love with selfish sin.
In search of glory from the crowd
Enamored by the haughty proud.

Too busy for a little time
To listen close and hear the rhyme.
To let his peace come flooding in,
And fill the emptiness within.

The better part, to sit with Him,
And quietly, His love, take in.
That changed forever, I may be,
And finer ways, may clearly see.

Wednesday
Submitting to authority
Not always fun for folks like me.
I like it when the rules are mine,
Far more than when the rules are Thine.

I oft forget Commandment One,
And think somehow I am the one,
To judge what's good or bad for me
Instead of turning all toward Thee.

I have no right to make the rule.
I am but just Your simple tool, 
And I have not the right to speak
As one contemptible and weak.

In wisdom You have set the stage,
Appointing prophet, seer, and sage.
Not perfect, anyone in power,
But chosen for this special hour.

Trust is what You ask of me
When darkness makes it hard to see.
Your ways so far above my own,
You're always right, as time has shown.

Thursday
Persistently, I seek Your word
Above the other voices heard.
To keep the gifts You gave me fanned,
And lead me to the promised land.

Friday
Sin be conquered and be gone
Let us not, be near it drawn.
Sweep the house and make it clean,
Feast not on its ill cuisine.

Let it never find a home
Let it round the world roam.
Be not the one to feed upon it,
Like the dog, who licks the vomit.

Worse the state for one like this
Caught within the deep abyss
Freed but then returned to sin
Stronger now, its grasp on him.

My God, my God, Your strength I need,
When I attempt, Your voice to heed.
Without Your help along the way,
I cannot help, but often stray.

Be there and guide me in Your path
Save me from that awful wrath
Be the strength for weakened knees
Help this feeble sinner... Please!

Saturday
Blest the one who hears the word
And follows very well.
The holy one whose will is stirred
Will with, the Father dwell.

You too can be a blessed one
In intimate embrace,
If you would listen to the Son,
And answer to His grace.



















































No comments:

Post a Comment