Saturday, March 31, 2018

4/15/18 Through 4/21/18

4/15/18 Through 4/21/18

Sunday
Be not afraid, but now believe
I'm in the flesh as you perceive
I've truly risen as I said
Though crucified, no longer dead

For this is how it had to be
That every man might come to see
A time of joy will now begin
For love has victory over sin

Monday
Peace amidst tremendous trial
Comes from knowing Him awhile
Seeing how His will provides
No matter where the Spirit guides

So why then, do I worry still
If I wish to, His word fulfill?
It's only 'cause my pride creeps in
To say I can't rely on Him

But I should know from many ways
That He has rescued in my days
And how His way proves better still
Than every time I choose my will

Tuesday
What sign can You give to make us believe?
What sign can give stone the sense to perceive?
There's far more than just a great prophet here
You now have the wrath of Almighty to fear

When given so plainly to you everyday
In language of love, you reject what I say
But eat of this manna and hunger no more
Then taste of the sweetness that God has in store

Wednesday
Believe in Him, What does it mean?
Just that we follow some routine?
Or is it more than outward sign,
And just a hollow claim of mine?

It must be something fresh and real
That fosters diligence and zeal
By bearing fruit we prove to be
Believers that we claim to be

Thursday
Let me Lord, a Philip be
That I may lead some more to Thee
Let me shine the light onYou
So others see the works You do

That they may come to love Your word
And learn to act on what is heard
Then build their house on solid rock
And know You'll answer when they knock

Friday
May the scales just fall away
That I might see the light of day
May my ears be tuned to hear
Your every word as loud and clear

May I be Your ready slave
Proclaiming every gift You gave
Changed forever by Your touch
Well prepared to suffer much

Saturday
These famous words we've come to know
Peter's "Lord, to whom shall we go?"
For even when the teaching's hard
We trust Your word as light and guard

As often we don't understand
The varied ways that You have planned
But often come to comprehend
How much Your way, from ours, transcend

So we have come to trust Your way
No matter what the others say
And confidently follow Thee
Even to that dreadful tree














No comments:

Post a Comment