Sunday, August 27, 2017

9/10/17 Through 9/16/17

9/10/17 Through 9/16/17

Sunday
Somehow I share the guilt of sin
For those I fail to call within
My love must cast a wider net
And have no sinner I forget

Give me the courage to repent
Of sins I own and then be sent
To lead the others on the way
That they might turn to light of day

Monday
Who were the withered ones that day
Unable to discern the Way
Incapable of doing good
When in their midst, the Savior stood?

A withered hand His word can heal
Not withered heart with evil zeal
One hard as stone and steeped in sin
Can only change from deep within

At first they have to recognize
That they have followed useless lies
Repent and turn away from sin
Then ask the Lord to dwell within

Tuesday
He chose His closest ones to share
His daily life and every care
The twelve, in time, became to be
His faithful home community

So often one in trial depends
Upon support from faithful friends
To help him through his darkest time
And from the depth, to new height climb

Wednesday
May I be a blessed one
And not a man of woes
May I always see the Son
And follow where He goes

Each morning He awakens me
To listen to  His word
That I may help some others see
And make His message heard

But one must change more than the rest
And he must plainly see
The only way to pass the test
Is simply changing me.

Once raised with Christ the man of love
No place for sordid sin
I must press on for that above
And find my life in Him

Thursday
In the Garden, through a tree
The serpent gained his sway on me
That sin of old that looked so sweet
So bitter in its cruel defeat

Then once again that serpent's bite
Attacked the ones in desert flight
Ungrateful in their sin of pride
The bitten ones grew sick and died

But on a pole was serpent raised
To save all who upon it gazed
This but a mere prefigured sign
Of our salvation, love divine

He too has conquered through a tree
But not with pride, but love for me
And when I gaze upon His cross
I count all else as none but loss

Friday
Spotless woman beauty bright
Share with me your holy light
Grant for me your Son to see

Daily joining in affliction
Growing strong in my conviction
Of the Father's love for me

Mother's love in ceasless giving
Favor all on earth here living
Mother of God's only Son

Let me share within your sorrow
Once again upon the morrow
Virgin pure and spotless one

Saturday
Build a house with no foundation
Find yourself in desolation
When the storms of life shall come
And turn the mansion to a slum

Honor Him who gives you all
And He'll protect you from a fall
Give Him all that He is due
And He will set His seal on you

Act upon His word of truth
Show good example to the youth
Be docile members of the flock
Dig deep and bui;ld your house on rock





1 comment:

  1. Greetings from the UK. I enjoyed reading your poem, very expressive. I fell in love with Jesus.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete