Sunday, September 3, 2017

9/17/17 Through 9/23/17

9/17/17 Through 9/23/17

Sunday
Forgive me Lord this crushing debt
Let me, Your mercy, not forget
Make me forgive as You have done
With all, unite, and make us one

Monday
A mighty gift, authority
To set our right priority
If we would listen and obey
Consent would bring a brighter day

And those for whom we lead the way
Would also find a brighter day
When our command is steeped in love
Received in prayer to God above

Tuesday
Let life arise within my soul
To heal at once and make me whole
That I might gladdly spread His word
Til all on earth, of Him, have heard

Wednesday
How much I have seen
How little I've done
The scant bit I glean
 From the ample He's done

No wisdom to find 
Amidst all these trees
How much I've been blind
Or forest to please

No words can explain
No mind can ingest
No room in the brain 
For this mighty guest

Diminutive soul
A drop in the sea
Imperative goal
His glory to see

Thursday
Come follow Me and leave behind
The things that here, on earth, will bind
The trapping pleasures of the day
That cause the sickly one to stray

Come find the fountain cool and clear
Come drink and find the Savior near
Come meet Him in the daily bread
Come share His table and be fed

Friday
If I were but detached from all
My soul would leap to heed His call
Attentive I would always be
To promptings from the Lord to me

No thirst for gain would fill the mind
But thirst for love be there enshrined
Above my weak desire for sin
Would be desire to dwell with Him

Saturday
Plow through my hardened heart today
And turn it upside down
Then harrow o'er the lumps of clay
Till they are broken down

Make of me a fertile ground
Where seed can find a home
In hope some day that fruit is found
Amidst a fertile loam


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading. Very expressive. You are a good poet. God bless you.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete