Sunday, September 17, 2017

10/1/17 Through 10/7/17

10/1/17 Through 10/7/17

Sunday
Tell me who did the Father's will 
In which did conscience now instill
A gleam of hope to save the soul
A step to change and make one whole?

Repentance for rebellious ones
Can make of us the Father's sons
The humble one who chose the way
In spite of what he first did say

Monday
Most brilliant guardian from above
Guide my steps in the way of love
Make safe the path I tread each day
And guide me in the righteous way

Keep evil far away from me
So every day I clearly see
The way the Lord has planned for me
To live with Him eternally

Tuesday
Fire of heaven please descend
Put evil in me to an end
Grant a change of heart and mind
Let Christ, in me, the others find

Fire of love now purify
Your graces all, now please supply
May all I meet now clearly see
In truth, You really dwell in me

Wednesday
There's nothing there when looking back
That I should want to keep
For now I know, I nothing lack
He fills me while I sleep.

Unworthy those whose heart remains
Within the realm of flesh
They never see true love contains
The holy and the fresh

Thursday
The harvest is rich, the laborers few
Why should you think He doesn't want you?
The Master has said, "The Kingdom's at hand"
So spread the good news throughout all the land

Devour the Word and bring it to all
Proclaim it aloud to the great and the small
If they will but listen and peaceable be
Your peace will descend and set their hearts free

Friday
Turn around and turn away
From all the trappings of the day
We have been so steeped in sin
We're blinded when we look within

We've come to see our way as right
For we have taken to the night
Where shadows hide our petty sins
And boastful pride of self begins

Saturday
The trials we face are ours alone
Yet God has sent One to atone
His precious Son, the spotless Lamb
The Savior, and the great I AM

So trust in Him the Father sent
And turn from sin to then repent
Cast aside your chains and see
Obeying Him's what sets us free

Turn to Him and find again
The joy that you once knew back then
Turn away from gods of wealth
And let the Lord restore your health

For though He spurns the wild type
He still receives the childlike
Rejoicing when He comes to see
The gift of faith take root in thee.



1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your poem. Well done. I like your rhymes. You are truly a blessing.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete