Sunday, June 18, 2017

7/2/17 Through 7/8/17

7/2/17 Through 7/8/17

Sunday
Who are you to say the things
Outlandish such as these?
That we should love You more than all,
My heart first disagrees

But when I see just who You are
And what Your love has done
I see with eyes of clarity
You are the greatest one

Monday
Best known for having faith that failed
And probing where the hands were nailed
This name you have remains quite flawed
For you declared "My Lord and God!"

If I were known for just my flaws
The shame involved would give me pause
So many times I've turned from Him
To follow just another whim.

If I could say what you declared
Instead of acting weak and scared
No longer would I be so flawed
For He would be my Lord and God.

Tuesday
Amidst the sea of busy days
You guide me through the milky haze
I do my best to listen well
And pass along the things You tell

I slide you in the morning slot
Or likely you would be forgot
A couple times throughout the day
I'll stop and try to briefly pray.

But now I'm coming soon to see 
The shining sea of Galilee
The waters which You walked upon
The stormy seas that You made calm.

I wish to turn the tables there
And cast aside each earthly care
Then change what I, by habit do
To fill my every day with You

Wednesday
Most times we never clearly see
That when we fail to follow Thee
How far it reaches down our clan
Or how we thwart Your greater plan

Each sin accepted in our day
Leads us a little more astray
Then soon it's hard to recognize
The Truth amidst our world of lies

We look around and wonder how
Such wickedness You would allow
But rarely do we ever see
It's fed by every sin from me.

Thursday
Lord help me trust like Abraham
And keep my eyes on You
Then if subjected to exam
My faith be tried and true.

Friday
Matthew and Rebecca
Both ready for the call
Forsake a well-off life for them
Prepared to give their all.

A time will come in every life
With choices where to go
When we must choose a man or wife
And then begin to grow

His providence we often see
When looking back in time
How He has blessed and cared for me
Throughout my whole lifetime.

Saturday
Why bless a liar with such grace
Why give a thief a higher place
Your way, to me, seems so unfair
Do You, for justice, even care?

Your way sees just the surface part
But My way sees the deepest heart
I choose the perseverant son
And never just the likely one

My plan has need of faithful men
Who with adversity contend
Not those who let their spirits droop
And sell my gift for just some soup.

Saturday Evening
What can be more pleasing
Than praise to God in song
The words of God appeasing
To where our hearts belong

A blessing on those holy lips
A hymn of praise to God
A psalm is like the honey drips
Or Spring when Winter's thawed

Instruction vies with beauty
In every psalm we read
His praise our highest duty
His love a precious seed..



No comments:

Post a Comment