Sunday, September 11, 2016

9/4/16 Through 9/10/16

9/4/16 Through 9/10/16

Sunday
I often sit and there opine
How short this memory of mine
Your written and Your spoken word
Forgotten as if never heard

So quickly lost in earthly care
That springs from almost anywhere
I flit and flutter through the day
Forgetting all the words You say

But Mercy comes anew each morn
And once again new hope is born
You whisper once again to me
And briefly open eyes to see

Someday it will be different when
The Word is fully present then
And sharing in the life divine
The knowledge of the Word is mine.

Monday
I'd rather have a withered hand
And faithful trust in Him
Than find my house was built on sand
When come the rain and wind

Tuesday
We claim it's justice that we seek
But not the justice of the meek
Instead of suffering some pain
We go to court for earth;y gain

Before the procurator stood
The source of all that is that's good
In justice He should be adored
Yet by the judges was abhorred

Wednesday
I've found that in the ways of Christ
The path of life is highly priced
When poverty I freely choose
So many things I also lose

Greed and gluttony, avarice
The things I lose are much like this
The Spirit works inside of me
Replacing pride, humility

A paradox it seems to be
That life requires death in me
But yet this feeds and makes me whole
And lust indulged just starves the soul.

Thursday
The child resembles mom and dad
With features those before him had
That curly hair or dimpled chin
By many ways they're known as kin

But Mary like no other one
Is found resembling her Son
In perfect love, and highly priced
We see in her the gift of Christ

A giving of herself to all
In answer to her holy call
A willingness to suffer shame
In honor of His precious name

I pray that I may one day be
A child in whom the world can see
Resemblance to the One above
Resemblance in the ways of love

Friday
With filth and squalor all around
A single ray of light is found
St.  Peter Claver pray for me
And help me set the captive free

But first I need to lose this chain
That makes me seek for earthly gain
Repent of many sins I own
And then be fit to make Him known.

Saturday
Have I been attentive Lord
And listened to Your word
Or have I been just like the hoard
And those that never heard?

Does it make a difference
Because I hear Your voice
Does it give me confidence
When life demands a choice?



No comments:

Post a Comment