Sunday, January 28, 2024

2/11/24 Through 2/17/24

 2/11/24 Through 2/17/24

Sunday
Lord, if You will it, make me clean
My leperous soul, no longer seen
I want my body undefiled
So, make me as a little child.

I place myself within Your hands
And vow to follow Your commands
If only I would be like You
One holy, spotless, wise, and true.

My sin has made the soul unclean
These festered sores are all that's seen
But underneath my soul awaits
Your gentle touch and healing grace.

Monday
Wisdom, wisdom, the all that I need
The voice of God to ready heed
To listen carefully and act
And let Him fill what ere I lacked.

To leave behind the temporal things
And turn to what the Spirit brings
To empty self and fill with grace
One resolute to reach His place.

A place within the Master's house
Prepared for just the loving spouse
As one within the Church to sing
The everlasting praise we sing.

The eons formed the mountains high
And untold millions, so the sky.
The wonders in the depths below
And all the things man seeks to know

But wisdom knows that God is God
His love upon the Cross, no fraud
One thing I seek and this alone
To one day be a Christian known.

Tuesday
Good yeast is what I wish to be
That spreads His love for all to see
That permeates the precious dough
And leads the many, Christ to know

My feet may not be planted high
But many seen just passing by
Could leavened be by what I say
And skies be brightened on their way.

Wednesday
May I Lord, in weakness find
The way that love and truth are mined
The way to form my life to You
And all You ask of me to do.

My flesh holds fast to paltry things
And so, I lose what freedom brings
My pride reveres what I should flee
To make myself like unto Thee.

No sin can bear Your presence Lord
The price of pride I can't afford
So, grant repentance, tears, and more
For all my prideful earthly store.

Thursday
What profit in this world's treasure,
Limited and finite measure?
Here no source of lasting joy,
But just another evil ploy.

Death to self, the way to Zion
God alone we must rely on
Shouldering the crosses given
Onward by His love now driven.

Here before us, life and death
Good or evil in each breath
That to which we stretch our hand
Must be the good our Father planned.

True freedom comes from self-control
Those generous, enrich the soul
And find the paradox is true
In giving we become like You.

Friday
Lord, once again I've strayed away
I pray my fast will please today
Somehow I wish to make things right
Returning once again to fight,

I know Your arms are open wide
But still, I feel a shame inside
True Love, I've put in second place
And turned from Your most blessed face.

How can I right the wrongs I've done,
The stripes I've placed upon Your Son,
The thorns of mine that pierce the brow,
Or all my many sins somehow?

Your love I pray to never lose
Your way of righteousness to choose
One humble and contrite for Thee
Obedient in love to be.

Saturday
The gloom becomes as noon of day
When men, at last, have found the Way
When eyes are opened, clear they see
How much their sin offended Thee.

Once they have seen, You love them still
They seek to follow then Your will
To put aside the ways of flesh
To better with the Master mesh















































































No comments:

Post a Comment