Saturday, May 15, 2021

5/30/21 Through 6/5/21

 5/30/21 Through 6/5/21

Sunday
Triune God beyond all-knowing,
Everloving, ever-growing,
Words fall short of Thee describing,
Love unmeasured, Thee prescribing.

When before was ever known,
A god with people all his own,
Who speaks to them in varied ways,
And guides their steps throughout the days?

No other like our God above
Displays such wisdom, truth, and love.
So listen well, and then obey,
And walk amid the light of day.

Monday
What joy the Visitation brings,
The heart of younger Mary sings,
"My soul proclaims Your greatness Lord,"
Upon Your servant, grace outpoured.

Two miracles within the womb,
Each heart must now prepare them room.
One as herald, One as King.
They both a docile spirit bring.

That searches for the Father's will,
And strives to every word fulfill.
Those holy women point the way,
And bid us follow all you say.

Though far above what mind conceives
Grant blessings for one who believes,
And trusts that when the Spirit leads,
No matter where, He also feeds

Tuesday
Lord, You who open eyes to see
Remove what scales have blinded me.
Dispel the darkness I have made,
Forgive my role in evil played.

Your word disarms the treacherous
And opens eyes for most of us
To see how far we've strayed from good,
And help us walk the way we should.

So speak to me in varied ways
That I may hear throughout my days,
Your voice that says, "Come follow Me."
With open eyes that clearly see.

Wednesday
Oh Lord, how foolish I have been
To seek my joy through ways of sin.
To think I know what's best for me,
Refusing to, Your pathway see.

Your way involves some pain at times,
Caused mostly by my sinful crimes.
But lead me closer yet to Thee,
And clearer to Your pathway see.

The martyrdom we face each day
Becomes our light and guiding way
To find, at last, the restful place
Of peace and love that's filled with grace.

Don't think that life is empty waste.
Each burden, and each trial faced
He uses here to heal the blind,
And help them to, the pathway find.

Embrace the trial, look beyond,
And see what joy the cross has spawned.
Your crosses too, will lead to joy,
If you, His way of love, employ.

Thursday
The marriage bed a sacred place,
A cherished point of love's embrace.
Not one of greed and selfish lust,
But place of prayer and Godly trust.

The love that's shared is meant to bond,
And take them to a place beyond
The physical embrace of love,
And closer to their God above.

Friday
Twas He who scourged me, this I know,
That mercy, to me, He would show.
That eyes be opened there and then
To never doubt His love again.

I know beyond a single doubt,
What He prescribes will all work out,
And somehow in the end I'll see,
If even now, I blinded be.

Saturday
The angel said to freely give
That those less fortunate may live.
Almsgiving tied with righteousness,
What all believers should possess.

Far better here to give away,
Than growing stores for rainy day.
For all, at last, will face the end
Where none on riches can depend.

But love and charity will store.
They last for time and evermore,
And bring a joy both now and then,
For sure to God, and also men.





















No comments:

Post a Comment