Saturday, April 24, 2021

5/9/21 Through 5/15/21

 5/9/21 Through 5/15/21

Sunday
Oh Holy Spirit, come again,
To all us weak and sinful men.
Kindle in our hearts anew,
Loving fire and thirst for you.

May cold and empty souls be filled,
And practice well what God has willed.
Open eyes and loose the tongue,
Let the praise of God be sung.

Show me Lord, what needs to change,
The things I need to rearrange.
Conform me to your holy will,
And love for all, in me instill.

Monday
Why think this life a life of ease? 
For history with each life agrees.
The Spirit comes to testify
Preparing faithful ones to die.

For trials come to those who love
Who set their eyes on land above,
Who serve their neighbor with the truth,
Who care for old, and teach the youth.

Quite clear I taught, so you should know
This way of Mine that you should go,
Is not for those with weakened knees, 
But those who wish their Lord to please.

True love is giving all I own
To make the love of Christ be known.
That all may see Him lifted high,
And nevermore, His love deny.

Tuesday
Paul and Silas in the prison,
Claiming Christ had truly risen.
Then amid the songs of praise,
A trembling earth, the Lord did raise.

Fetters gone, and prisoners free
A frightened jailor rose to see,
But what he found was truth that night,
And brought his family to the light.

The Spirit will such wonders do
For all who place their trust in You,
And risk the honor here of men
To praise and honor God again.

Wednesday
Oh Holy Spirit, gentle, kind,
Come and fill this heart of mine.
Inspire in me the words of love
That set the mind on things above.

The One who gives both life and breath,
The One who conquers sin and death,
We grope to find, though near at hand, 
If we but let the mind expand.

To see the wonders all around
Wherein the Father's hand is found,
And follow well what Jesus said,
Who now is risen from the dead.

O Gentle Breeze of Wisdom's word,
Help me to practice what I've heard.
And stay close by me, Life and Breath
On through the hour of my death.

That one day with the saints of old
I may not be one dead and cold,
But one alive to always raise
My voice in endless songs of praise.

Thursday
One lifted up beyond the sky,
The One who on the cross did die,
He goes to show the way of man
Who follows well the Master's plan.

A place prepared for every soul
A place of rest our final goal.
A vision shared to help us be
One steadfast in pursuit of Thee.

When trials come and death awaits,
In weakness when our strength abates,
This vision to the life beyond
Will be the hope in us that's dawned.

Friday
By lot, the title fell to me,
Matthias, who was meant to be
Replacement in the traitor's place
Who turned his back to light and grace.

A lot of joy, though trials faced,
A life of love, in mercy graced.
A privilege of the highest scale,
Compared to which all others pale.

To give a life to preach the word
Until all those on earth have heard,
To show the pagans truth and light,
And lift the veil of darkest night.

Saturday
Father, now in Jesus' name
I beg the gift for which He came.
To know Your depth of love for me,
And through the eyes of faith to see.

The Lord of all the earth and sky
Is One on whom we should rely.
No other love apart from Thee
Can still the soul and set me free.








No comments:

Post a Comment