Friday, April 16, 2021

5/2/21 Through 5/8/21

 Sunday
The suckers grow upon the vine
Afresh with every day.
With no concern for making wine,
They go their happy way.

Sucking from the vine the food
That bears desired fruit,
With luxury the attitude,
And ease the sole pursuit.

By pruning, is the way to find
A yield to make the wine.
The suckers draw the yield behind,
And only stunt the vine.

Fear not the pruning hook of love
That cleans both stem and shoot.
Vinedressing Father from above,
Knows how to bring the fruit.

Submit to Him in all you do,
Let Him prepare the way.
He'll trim that empty branch for you,
And juicy fruit display.

Monday
And then, at last, to one like me
The Lord has been made known.
I do my best each morn to see,
And nurture seed that's sown.

You too, He wishes now to greet
Each morn afresh and new,
Within the sacred wine and wheat
Prepared each morn for you.

So come and see, do not delay.
Distracted, be no more.
He'll speak to you, for every day
He knocks upon the door.

But you must make the move to bring
His presence through the door.
You see, we find that that's the thing
We need to do for more.

So make the choice today to be
One growing every day,
And see how great the faith can be
For those who learn to pray.

Tuesday
My Father's love the world must know
Obedience to Him I show.
Satan holds no power on Me,
And this I've chosen you to see.

Peace I give, and peace I leave,
My Spirit then, you will receive.
A peace not as the world describes,
But peace My Father's will prescribes.

Peace that lets you long endure
The sufferings that make you pure,
The slings and arrows cast your way
By those opposed to what you say.

This peace transcends the mortal mind,
A peace not of the common kind,
But one that touches deep within
Where only Christ and I have been.

Wednesday
This can be sung to the tune of "Let All Mortal Flesh Keep Silence"

Soul athirst for living water,
Come and drink abundantly.
Water flowing from the Fountain
Quenches every thirst of thee.
Be attached to Me, the True Vine,
Life and sustenance for thee.

Pruning comes for all the branches
Grafted firmly on the Vine.
Let Me clear what draws life from you,
Make of you a son of Mine.
Those apart, are bare and fruitless,
Destined for a fiery decline.

I will give the Holy Spirit
To the soul that comes to Me.
Wisdom, strength, and true discernment,
Gifts He will impart to thee.
Fruit you then will bear abundantly,
Glorified, the Father will be.

Thursday
Remain in my love, do not turn away,
For this is the road, and I am the Way.
My Spirit I give as guidance for you,
As prompter and nudge, for the things that you do.

When clearly He speaks, and silence then falls,
Be ready and willing to answer His calls.
Stray not from the path He lighted in love,
For that is the path to our Father above.

Mine was the path to Calvary's hill,
Each step in accord with His holy will.
So will yours be, both through trial and strife,
But leading at last, to endless new life.

So stick to the plan, persevere, and be bold.
Obey now in haste, everything that you're told.
Trust in the love that can raise from the dead,
For there's no other love, and nothing instead.

Friday
My goal, to be a slave of Thee
One honored in Your house.
Not one so arrogant to see
As mine, those whereabouts.

But one who knows that only You
Are worthy of my praise,
As one who tries to follow You
And love You all my days.

No more a slave to sin and death,
But now one truly free.
One praising You with every breath,
For loving one like me.

The honor comes in serving You,
With all, You trust to me.
And worshipping the One that's true,
Who loves a one like me.

Saturday
When persecution comes your way,
Remember what the Lord did say,
"It's Me they hated first, you see,
And so shall My disciples be."

But to the world, you don't belong,
And on My way, you come along.
I've chosen you to speak My word,
So let your loving voice be heard.




No comments:

Post a Comment