Saturday, July 4, 2020

7/19/20 Through 7/25/20

7/19/20 Through 7/25/20

Sunday
How can this seed, so fragile and small
Grow to a bush, so broad and so tall?
How can the leaven, when mixed in the dough
Give rise to it all, and soften it so?

Expressed but in groanings unknowing to man,
The Spirit who loves all creation now can,
Search through the heart of each zealous man
To ask of the Father, according to plan.

And when in accord with the Holy One's will,
Every small act of kindness or cordial goodwill,
Will flower and branch as the tiny seeds grow,
And spread like the leaven that's mixed in the dough.

Monday
What Sheba's Queen discovered there 
Was wisdom far beyond compare,
And Ninevites repented when
Dear Jonah came, and preached to them.

Far greater now before your eyes
The Son of God, in flesh, disguised.
Yet still persist, your evil ways,
To be condemned, in final days.

Repent and see what's plain to all,
Upon each life, He makes a call,
But only humble hear Him say, 
Come follow me, and walk this way.

Do good and love the things of God.
His boundless love, let men applaud.
Walk humbly there with Him beside,
In all your days, with Him abide.

Tuesday
Brother and sister and mother to me,
Are those of the land that long to be free.
That search for the will of My Father above,
And answer His call in compassion and love.

Who make of His will their priority One,
And listen intently to words of His Son.
Who learn from the Teacher, and follow, His way
And hold, with conviction,  all evil at bay.

Wednesday
I tell you, do not cling to me,
But go and spread the news.
A risen Savior now I be,
For those, to love, that choose.

Search in the streets of night no more,
The gloom and dark be gone.
Such love, you've never known before
Is risen, at the dawn.

My heart is sick for love as this,
No word could ere detail.
A tender touch, the sweetest kiss,
The gift beneath the veil.

A total gift of self to Thee
My only way to know.
To you, I give my treasured key,
And beg, Your seed to sow.

Thursday
So many look, but do not see,
The Living Bread, Your gift to me.
The source of life to those who see,
Oh Jesus, how I trust in Thee!

The rock You split, and water flowed,
The light You brought to darkness showed
Your love and mercy far exceed
The mind of mortal man indeed.

Repair the cisterns we have made,
The walls that crumbled, and decayed.
Fill us with living water new,
And let us quench our thirst in You.

Friday
In wickedness, no longer walk.
Give up for good, hard-hearted talk.
Repent, rebellious one and find,
A  Shepherd wise, astute, and kind.

A One to lead you prudently
To multiply, and fruitful be.
To say no longer, "Where is He?"
But always in His presence be.

Saturday
A martyr's lot, I wish I knew,
With zealous love, and trust in You.
A willingness to suffer long
To bring a sinner safe along.

My will so weak, alone I find.
My perseverance, but in mind.
Yet grace can give me courage when
I face the likes of evil men.

My only hope is trust in You.
My weakness shows in all I do.
So poor, I come to find the Light
To guide me through the dark of night.

If I but had a greater love,
With sights, more firmly, set above,
I'd crucify my flesh in shame, 
And glorify Your Sacred Name.

I beg You, make me pure and clear,
That by Your cross, I'd hover near,
And share with You that awful pain,
In hopes of many souls to gain.

Oh, font of Mercy, Font of grace,
My heart become Your dwelling place.
Your blazing love, and heart afire,
My only wish, and my desire.






















No comments:

Post a Comment