Saturday, July 11, 2020

7/26/20 Through 8/1/20

7/26/20 Through 8/1/20

Sunday
According to His purpose called,
In high or lowly place installed,
Each man a purpose to fulfill
According to the Master's will.

So help each one respond to grace
And find, in You, their rightful place.
Grant them the wisdom needed most
To daily, with Your Word, be dosed.

Each day a vista opens wide
And grace pours forth from opened side,
To light the way for one day more,
And greater depths of love explore.

Monday
You made this nation close to Thee,
This land of brave, and home of free.
In wisdom, founded on the Rock,
To glory see, and grace unlock.

But freedom misconstrued in time
With slowly shifting paradigm,
Freedom now enslaves the masses.
Lawlessness, for freedom, passes.

Those truly free, though still can see
What freedom's lot was meant to be;
The right to do what's right for all,
Is freedom's true, unselfish call.

A good for nothing land we'll be
If freedom's judged for only me.
A land where chaos reigns as king;
A land enslaved by useless bling.

Tuesday
For lack of love, the tears will flow.
The dead abound where ere we go.
Have all the chosen turned away,
To other gods along the way?

Even now, the chosen few
Are lax in how they worship You.
We give what's left, to please the King,
Instead of giving everything.

It's only with great trust in You,
And grace accepted that we do
A single thing to bear some seeds
When growing here among the weeds.

But harvest time will come someday
And until then, our lot's to pray
That tears may turn the weeds to wheat
Before they face the judgment seat.

Wednesday
Called to serve in varied ways
One who works, and one who prays.
By love, if each is sanctified
Then love has each just satisfied.

The goal: with Him, to thus abide
And put all lesser goals aside
For union with our God and King
Is what we seek in everything.

At times to listen quietly,
At times to quickly run and see.
The key is but to seek His voice
And make His will your every choice.

Thursday
Some things I think I understand
Yet verses some, no more than scanned.
Obscure to me, the meaning there 
No matter how I sit and stare.

Lord, open wide my eyes to see,
My ears to listen well to Thee.
And help my simple mind to share,
The meaning of what's written there.

Then let me draw on all I know
To somehow well Your meaning show.
That I may share my little light,
And chase the darkness of the night.

Friday
In Your great love, Lord answer me
Let all I ask, be none but Thee.
Have mercy on my lack of trust,
Turn not away in Your disgust.

Your servant's weak and feeble, Lord.
A voice that's loud, by most ignored.
A hypocrite in many ways,
Yet begging mercy, when he prays.

Holy Spirit, rescue me
Make me the man I ought to be.
Help me use the grace You give,
That in Your presence, I may live.

Let me deny this body now
With discipline and strength somehow.
For I am weak, but Thou art strong.
Have mercy Lord!  My constant song.

Saturday
For speaking truth, he lost his head
The prophet now, at last, was dead.
Their wickedness went unrestrained
But what, at last, have now they gained?

Just take some time to meditate
On every act of greed and hate... 
No winners but the martyrs who
Were faithful, righteous, good, and true.

As evil is, it breeds the more,
With lust and murder, rape and war,
But love survives in spite of these,
And even chained, the heart it frees.









































No comments:

Post a Comment