Saturday, June 27, 2020

7/12/20 Through 7/18/20

7/12/20 Through 7/18/20

Sunday
Two kinds of soil rich and deep
But only one yields grain to reap.
The soil overgrown with thorns
No grain for seed or bread adorns.

The land be cleared and stone removed
With every "yes" the ground improved.
Allow the rain to soften clods,
No more let riches be our gods.

With fertile soil, rich and clear,
The Sower's seed accepted here.
Now bearing fruit in ways untold
At thirty, sixty, hundredfold.

Monday
Divide me, Lord, from that which stains.
Make mine a soul where patience reigns.
Remove from me the offering
That humbled soul. to You, I'd bring.

My ways of pride and arrogance
Can warrant not, Your simple glance,
But low and humble worship true,
Will gain a quick reply from You.

Tuesday
A curiosity that's piqued,
A rusty hinge that always squeaked,
That beckoned, come and search the Word
Find here, what many others heard.

I speak to those that listen well,
I send My Spirit there to dwell.
Within the heart that turns from sin,
I make My home and enter in.

Fear not, the cost would be too great
Don't waste this time, or hesitate,
But seize the grace that's offered you,
And find the promised life anew.

Wednesday 
Oh Lord, how blinding is our pride,
A child lost without a guide.
A wand'ring sheep that's unaware
Of all the dangers lurking there.

The ear refuses what is heard
All discipline is thought absurd.
The ax instructing Him who wields,
The weak now mocking Him who shields.

And there amid the boisterous throng,
The humble shouted down as wrong.
But no amount of noise and fight,
Can change the wrong to something right.

And He, in love, that formed the clay
Whose voice will frighten wolves away
Will not forget His chosen few
And grant to them a life anew.

But those persisting in their pride,
Will never see the other side
Where discipline and love will reign,
Eternal Chaos, their domain.

Thursday
In You, I find my every rhyme,
From start to finish every time.
The word You bring in varied ways
To be the dewfall of my days.

The morning freshness here descends,
I vow again to make amends.
To listen well and then obey,
And follow every word You say.

But time and time again I fall
And still each morn again You call.
I start anew again today
And follow in Your humble way.

For all that I can ever do
Is use the grace that comes from You,
And trust Your way surpasses mine,
For Yours is love, and love Divine.

Friday
Great mercy is what I desire
A love aflame with holy fire.
A heart to see beyond the law,
And to a deeper meaning draw.

I care about Your every need,
And with the finest wheat, I feed.
The sabbath rest, a gift to man,
And not some trap within a plan.

Saturday
Oh Lord, we need You in our day.
Don't let the wicked have their way.
The ones who think they make the law,
At all Your pillars, slash, and gnaw.

Abandon not this land You blessed
May all its wrong be now redressed.
Grant courage to Your remnant here,
To speak Your word both loud and clear.




























No comments:

Post a Comment