Friday, June 19, 2020

7/5/20 Through7/11/20

7/5/20 Through7/11/20

Sunday
Meekness is great strength controlled,
Restrained by love, by love consoled.
If yoked to Him, the burden's light
His meekness then becomes our might.

He wishes to reveal to all
The wonder of His loving call,
But only humble hear Him say,
"Come walk with Me, I am the Way."

Monday
They come to Him with certainty
To simply touch the hem.
Each confident He'll hear their plea,
And answer both of them.

So too, each day, should Him we seek
To heal and set us free.
When sky is dark and future bleak
His love, the cure for thee.

Tuesday
So many things that draw away
And offer pleasures for a day,
That titillate the senses here,
But to the Lord will not draw near.

The peace that comes from discipline
Will calm the savage beast within.
Will settle wild and raging seas,
And make the storm a gentle breeze.

Think not the word of God a ruse,
But make His way, the way you choose.
For who but He that forms the clay
Knows better how to smooth our way?

To bring His peace amid the storm,
To teach the soul, and heart to warm,
To give the strength to persevere,
And weary pilgrim mind to cheer?

Wednesday
To the sheep that lost their way
Bring about the light of day.
Call the ones that stray afar,
Let them know just who they are.

Nature darkened by their sin,
Snuffing out the light within.
Still, the soul can be restored,
Turning from, the sin abhorred.

Seek the meek and humble route,
Cast the pride and envy out.
Welcome in the love Divine,
Make the way of love be thine.

Thursday
How great the gift of mercy is!
To be forgiven, known as His.
The weak and helpless wretch I am,
Yet loved by God, the great I AM.

No sin can keep me far away
If I, but humbled, stop and pray
To ask for mercy once again,
And see my sins forgiven then.

So too must I not take offense,
But spread His mercy there, and whence
I do, I find, a lasting peace,
A harmony to never cease.

Friday
Only One has power to save.
Only One to free the slave.
Only One to prosper man.
No other god of pagans can.

Saturday
What ere You say, my Lord, I'll do
If You but keep me close to You.
This weak unworthy servant pleas
That You, my God, I'd somehow please.

So many times each day I fall,
But still, I try to hear Your call.
To make my will, with Your's align,
And drink that bitter cup of Thine.

Great fear disturbs my peace of mind,
That in some trial I would find
My faith mere words, and fail to raise
My voice in humble songs of praise,

That I would hear that final day,
"I never knew you, go away."
Then all my hope would be devoid,
And all my dreams be thus destroyed.

Have mercy, mercy, mercy, Lord!
Oh, spare me of my just reward!
Let me be a slave for Thee,
So far above a king for me.




























No comments:

Post a Comment