Saturday, May 9, 2020

5/24/20 Through 5/30/20

5/24/20 Through 5/30/20

Sunday
What does His ascension mean
To those of us today,
Except that we are now between
Two worlds quite far away?

A world above in light arrayed
Or one that's far below.
A place where love and truth outweighed
What earthly things bestow.

Monday
Not satisfied with status quo,
Dear Lord, I want to grow and grow.
To see each sacrifice I make
As just another step I take.

Along this narrow path, I tread
With rock or thorn each way I head,
But leading to a summit high
Where love and light will fill the sky.

Your Holy Spirit, well I need.
To strength imbue, and will to feed.
To press on to that promised land
And live as Father's love has planned.

Tuesday
May I too like Paul one day
With clearest conscience, children say,
I bear no guilt for what you do,
For what I've given you is true.

I've done my best to show the way
I've taught you all, how well to pray.
I've introduced my Lord to you,
Now, where you go is up to you.

Sure enough, that day will come
To reckon each and every one.
Then all will see that final day,
The errors of their sinful way.

For sin, I too will bear much shame,
But only mercy, will I claim.
For only mercy can redeem
That love so pure, and love supreme.

Wednesday
I wish to leave with no regrets
And see the fruit my love begets.
To know without a trace of shame,
I did my best to share the flame.

To share the flame of heav'n come down,
To help the gift of faith be found.
To make an impact, lasting here
On all the ones, I hold so dear.

Thursday
Bear witness in your times of trial
Praise and thank our Lord awhile.
For in the trial, faith becomes,
And fear and challenge overcomes.

No witness in an easy life,
But witness shines amid the strife.
As water hot, brings forth the tea,
So trial shows the faith of thee.

So be prepared and not amazed
For every pot by heat is glazed.
True colors shine amid the fire,
And steadfast faith will all admire.

Friday
Before a charcoal fire there
Received the chance to thrice declare.
I love You, Lord,  You know I do!
Grant me the grace, to follow You.

That rocky shore beside the sea,
The Christ was reconciled with me.
My sins forgiven, washed away,
His mercy like an ocean wave.

Three heart-shaped stones upon the shore,
Commemorate His love and more.
One fallen far, yet lifted up
To share with love, His bitter cup.

Saturday
In prison or in freedom speak,
Great strength is found among the weak
Who do His will despite what may
Be consequences of the day.

What matters, is the Father's will,
That we be faithful ever still.
For this, we've seen with clarity,
His will is what is best for me.

So suffer well when ere it comes.
A cross, have all the holy ones,
To shoulder every day, it's true,
And imitate His love for you.




























No comments:

Post a Comment