Saturday, May 2, 2020

5/17/20 Through 5/23/20

5/17/20 Through 5/23/20

Sunday
The Father, recognize in Me
And then with clarity you'll see.
I do His will to bring you where
You come to see His loving care.

The Advocate I'll send to you 
To help recall the things I do
To call to mind the many ways
He cares for you, and lead your praise.

Be always ready to reply
When asked if you have faith, and why.
To tell your story short and sweet
That they, in you, the Lord would meet.

Monday
Lord, if you find some faith in me,
Then come and stay awhile
Refuse not hospitality,
Nor think it any trial.

For love in me was born anew
When forth Your Spirit came
That breath of life and morning dew
A zeal and holy flame.

I count it joy to serve some way,
And share in what You do.
How else can simple ones repay
Such love that came from You?

Tuesday
So what must I do to be saved,
What trial or path must be braved?
These words echo through, everything that we do
If His love, on our hearts, is engraved.

Encountering love has its way
Of destroying our rules of the day.
In an instant we see, just how wrong we can be,
And the errors of our foolish way.

Just how could we all be so blind?
What folly before filled the mind?
When pride is the king, like a bird we will sing,
At the bugs and the worms that we find.

But that's not the food that we need,
And that's not the way we should feed.
For the greatest and least, should all come to the feast,
And dine at a Banquet indeed!

Wednesday
You worship a One yet unknown,
In spite of the seeds I have sown.
Wake up and see now, that this God is somehow
The One and the true God alone.

You've known it since you were a youth
That all goodness depends on the truth.
So why give your time to a word with no rhyme,
But follow me now to the proof.

Don't simply ignore and just say,
"I'll listen on some other day."
For the Son has been sent, and He called to repent!
The time's not afar, but today!

Thursday
If we only knew
The glory of the King
And had a faith that grew
To light of glory bring.

No more the words a riddle,
or distant land above.
No more a place to fiddle,
But place to learn to love.

Each syllable a morsel sweet,
Or bitter pill to take.
Each word a way to glory meet,
Or to our sin, awake.

So ponder well each word you read,
And sift it very well.
Come each day and richly feed,
And then to others tell.

Say not, my wisdom hasn't grown,
For true that well may be.
But to the simple I have shown
What wisdom cannot see.

Be docile and give time to hear
My wisdom every morn.
With discipline a soul draws near, 
And there is love reborn.

Friday
I ask for each a faith that's strong
For generations on and on.
That each may find the joy that comes
From raising pure and holy ones.

No greater joy can fill the heart
Than sharing with our God a part
Of shaping an immortal soul
To reach at last, the final goal.

A life eternal, bathed in love
The fruit and bountied produce of
A humble life and docile heart
That everyday takes up their part.

Saturday
Do I know the Spirit well?
Can those around, a difference tell?
Do I reflect the Father's love,
Or draw their thoughts to One above?

Help me Lord to change my mind
To one where love, is there enshrined.
Where I will think of others first,
And find my love of self reversed.


















































No comments:

Post a Comment