Friday, February 21, 2020

3/8/20 Through 3/14/20

3/8/20 Through 3/14/20

Sunday
Transfigured here before my eyes
The voice of God, to me, now cries,
"Depart from where your kinfolk dwell,
And go to where My word will tell."

A nation great I'll make of you
If you but listen well and do
What love demands in every way
And seek My will for everyday.

I'll speak to you in varied ways,
And be your guide through darkest days.
But you must bear your share in love,
And be My path of grace thereof.

To all the world, the Good News tell.
Let Christ within your spirit swell.
the Christ who cowered not from pain,
And won for all eternal gain.

Great glory waits on mountain high,
But first, to self, we all must die.
To live for love, and love alone
To bear much fruit from seed He's sown.

Monday
Enslaved by sin so many ways
Avoiding penetrating gaze.
I must confess, admit my wrong
If I, to Christ, wish to belong.

No longer one of secrecy
But one of pure transparency.
For only in the light of day
Can sinners find the narrow way.

The slavery I wish to lose,
And daily learn to freedom choose.
To recognize the false disguise
And turn away from Satan's lies.

One judging not of other's sin.
Instead, one looking deep within
To ferret out my base desire,
And cleanse my soul with holy fire.

Tuesday
Grace and mercy come to all
Who humble self than rather fall,
From lofty height to land below
Where arrogant and proud will go.

So much, we feel like we deserve, 
But in reality observe,
How nothing is our very own,
But all has come from God alone.

So cower not for weakness' sake.
With self-indulgence, make your break.
Embrace the cross and let Him be
Your strength and path to victory.

Wednesday
The cup, I wonder, would I drink,
If I just take the time to think?
Would I place my service there,
Or all I have, be quick to share?

To serve, a foreign thing to me,
But that's what I am called to be.
To be the lowliest of all,
In answer to the Master's call.

If One so great as He can be
A servant washing feet for me,
Then I have no excuse to be
So proud, and shun humility.

Lord, give me strength to share Your cup.
Prevent my will from giving up.
That faithful servant I may be,
And come to rise again with Thee.

Thursday
The rich and poor are relative
In oh, so many ways.
One with love to sins forgive,
And trusting all his days.

The other doing much the same
Accumulating gold.
Loving wealth and empty fame,
Till truth at last be told.

His ways have led to poverty,
Eternal lasting flame.
A place where thirst will always be
His everlasting shame.

But on the other side, you see,
The poor will have reward.
If they have waited patiently
And trusted in the Lord.

Friday
The wickedness within the soul
Exacts a subtle, costly toll.
Once dignity for man is gone
The greatest evils, then will spawn.

The weakest ones now cast aside
The tiny babe, a life denied.
The elderly, a useless hoard,
Oft put away, and then ignored.

But God can turn the tide around
Where dignity again is found
If we but recognize our call,
And love our brothers, one and all.

What grandeur we would often find
If we took on the Father's mind,
And saw how precious every one
That God would sacrifice His Son.

Saturday
Not one considered throw-aways
Each one pursued throughout their days,
That they might turn and join the feast
Among the greatest and the least.

A long way off and far away
He'll search the heart of every stray,
And if repentant, then will bring
The finest robe and golden ring.

No room for jealous at the feast
For each, from sin, has been released.
And each should know the One we serve,
A Master none of us deserve.

A loving One who's quick to heal,
That calls us all to share His meal.
Forgiving sin, restoring man,
As only our Redeemer can.
























No comments:

Post a Comment