Friday, February 7, 2020

2/23/20 Through 2/29/20

2/23/20 Through 2/29/20

Sunday
Outside we all have work to do
So far our ways, from loving You.
We fail to see within the man
What humble eyes of mercy can.

There dwells in every human soul 
The light of God that makes us whole.
However dim or far away,
His Spirit animates the clay.

So if we shun or cast aside
Because of selfishness or pride
The One rejected, we should know
Is One from whom all graces flow.

Monday
The fear of God is pure indeed
The first beginning of the seed
Of wisdom for the simple man
Who seeks to live within His plan.

We've tolerated long enough
These demons and their useless fluff.
It's time the evil was expelled
and all our sinful passions quelled.

To grasp the joy of suffering,
What peace a sacrifice can bring
And how humility can grow
The strength to deeper Christ to know.

But on the cusp of greatness lies
The demon in his veiled disguise
To puff the spirit, feed the pride
And draw the foolish one aside.

So if perhaps we go astray,
Or weaken in our time to pray,
The brotherhood must bring relief
And help us in our unbelief.

Though one be broken, two defend
Each called to truly be a friend.
With three or more the cord is strong,
And stout enough to conquer wrong.

Tuesday
Why am I so weak that I
Can do none on my own?
Decrepit, I must just rely
On strength from Him alone.

The brothers here I find so dear
To walk along my side.
Encouraging to daily bring,
As sacrifice, my pride.

These disciplines reveal my sins
So many just ignored,
But let me glean a soul that's clean
From graces You've outpoured.

Wednesday
What better time than now to say
I must repent and learn to pray
The ashes form a sign for You
That say, "I'm empty, please renew."

They're not a sign of pride somehow
That says, "I'm holier than thou."
But sign of sorrow that I've failed
And wish to have my sin unveiled.

Thursday
The cross be daily taken up,
The cross a painful bitter cup.
But yet the cross our path to Thee,
Who conquers all and sets us free.

This way of love defies the mind,
Brings comfort of a different kind.
A peace in lieu of restlessness
A joy of pure contentedness.

Within our suffering and pain
We find a way to now attain
A union with our blessed Lord
So many times left unexplored.

So cower not before the cross
Count earthly gain as none but loss.
Embrace this opportunity
To join with Christ in unity.

For there you'll find the daily strength
To let your love reach greater length,
And be transformed for all to see
It's Jesus Christ who dwells in thee.

Friday
Thoroughly wash me of my guilt
Destroy the ramparts I have built.
Create in me a docile heart
And graces to my soul impart.

The fasting I must learn to love
Is that which draws my mind above
The base desires of the flesh
To fill my heart, and soul refresh.

To break the fetters, captives free,
Clothe and shelter those in need.
To clear away the choking weeds,
And plant in me Your fruitful seeds.

Saturday
Follow up the fast and see
Just how bright the day can be.
Clouds will part and sun will shine,
Love and peace will there combine.

Ancient ruins be restored
Where God alone is one adored.
Broken homes made once again
A place of rest for holy men.

A barren land made lush and green
With bounty for the ones that glean.
The stream that never fails will flow,
And fruits of holy lives will grow.

























No comments:

Post a Comment