Sunday, February 2, 2020

2/16/20 Through 2/22/20

2/16/20 Through 2/22/20

Sunday
Sanctity was meant for all
Not just some chosen few.
Not just for folks like John and Paul, 
But folks like me and you.

He sets before, two ways to go.
Whichever we will choose.
The good or evil we will know,
Determines win or lose.

Monday
To see what's right in front of me,
But also down the road,
I need to look around for Thee,
And water what You sowed.

A search for wisdom every morn,
A time with You alone.
A time for faith to be reborn,
And water what You've sown.

The nourishment for tender seed
Is doing as You will.
The best way to the spirit feed
With trials from the grill.

Adversity will strengthen those
Who cower not from pain,
Who press ahead despite the blows
In hope of heaven's gain.

Tuesday
To feed the pride or knock it down,
A sacrifice can be.
A way to peace or glory crown
Exalting only me.

The test to see which one it is,
And if it fruitful be,
Is does it make the glory His,
Or highlight only me?

Lord, I am weak, but Thou art strong.
It pains admitting so.
My fervor never lasts for long,
And weakness, all I know.

You call to what I cannot do,
My weakness overwhelms.
Transport me Lord with fortitude
To ever greater realms.

So be exalted.  Let me be
A humble, docile man,
And make of me what I should be
According to Your plan.

Wednesday
Quiet yes, but silent not.
So much to learn, so little caught.
So quick to speak and anger flare,
Trapped again by Satan's snare.

How long to learn the ways of right
Remaining calm within the fight.
Respecting all with dignity
And practicing humility.

In conversation pride creeps in
And makes the devil start to grin,
But bridled tongue will win the day
If we control the words we say.

Thursday
Distinctions made about a man
Destroy the great and glorious plan
For all to be made one in Him,
In harmony, as heaven's hymn.

We often fail to recognize
The Lord within His poor disguise,
And miss in our disloyalty
The chance to dine with royalty.

Friday
Take up your cross and follow Me,
The words the Savior spoke, you see.
For none will find the Kingdom there
Who shun the Name, or cross to bear.

With action on the word you hear
The only way to draw you near
As without breath the body's dead
Just so on works, the spirit's fed.

So follow in the way He trod
Put all your trust in only God,
And act according to His lead,
Then many souls your life will feed.


Saturday
The Kingdom keys entrusted to 
A sinner just like me and you.
A man that when the road got rough,
Turned and said, "I've had enough."

But that did not dissuade His choice.
He chose this man to be His voice.
To be the leader of His flock,
To talk the talk, and walk the walk.

He promised He would never leave,
And so His church would then receive
The Spirit come in fire and love
To give them guidance from above.

Millennia have now passed by,
And to destroy, did many try.
Yet still She teaches all that's true
To bring the faith to folks like you.

Her servants though imperfect be,
These members of the Holy See
Are guided on the narrow way
So faithful would not ever stray.











































No comments:

Post a Comment