Friday, August 16, 2019

9/1/19 Through 9/7/19

9/1/19 Through 9/7/19

Sunday
Lord make of me a humble man,
Who lives according to Your plan.
One disciplined and ready when
I'm tempted toward what honors men.

Make my motivation pure,
To holiness and love secure.
Help me shun that worthless guide
Of haughtiness and boastful pride.

Monday
How quickly love will then abate
And fondness turn to awful hate,
If He exposes that within
Revealing only greed and sin.

A faith must dwell within the soul
To bring to life what's on the scroll.
Great wonders can be worked through those
Who humbly follow where He goes.

No worries for the one who dies
For they will meet Him in the skies
When trumpets blast and angels call
The dead will rise and shed the pall.

Tuesday
His words are truly spoken
With authority and power
Not just a simple token,
Or saying for the hour.

But pow'rs above and those below
Obey at His command.
Such work He does that we would know
The power of His hand.

So stay awake and sober be,
Let darkness never win.
Put trust in Him and you will see,
The vict'ry over sin.

Wednesday
What healing in His gentle voice
The healed, and those around rejoice.
Great love in every word He speaks,
And hope for everyone who seeks.

The voice each day I long to hear
That let's me know, my God is near,
Not far away or high above,
But in each act of selfless love.

The voice that leads to certainty
The voice of pure veracity,
That says if I will ever learn,
From selfishness, I must return.

Thursday
Before we catch we must be caught,
A little way from shore be taught.
Then hearing words to guard and keep,
He bids us, "Put out in the deep".

Though Simon says, "Depart from me."
His truest wish is, "Set me free,
From all the chains of sin that bind
And occupy this erring mind."

Depart from all and follow Me.
Your net no more belongs to sea.
As now for souls of men you'll cast
Until this life on earth has passed.

Friday
How deeply do I know You Lord?
The depths of You are unexplored.
Your presence in all that I see
Is often now obscured to me.

It's only when I stop and think,
I recognize the stunning link
Between what I find aggravating
And what Love sends me purgating.

Patience earned is patience tried
Patient love was crucified.
If to mold me in that shape,
A cross or two I can't escape.

Forgive me Lord for oft I fail
And sit within my self-made jail.
Not seeing You, at me beside,
But blinded by my foolish pride.

Saturday
A sabbath rest He gave to man,
A day according to His plan,
To give refreshment, rest, and peace
To every creature, man and beast.

Not just an hour in the morning,
But a day, our week adorning.
Set aside to faith renew
And come to know Him through and through.























No comments:

Post a Comment